Continuity / Ohms testing help / Short ?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry for delay in reply. I mean i dont wanna get anyone down to waste time. What kinda cost am i looking at if i supply the parts?

Sorry for delay in reply. I mean i dont wanna get anyone down to waste time. What kinda cost am i looking at if i supply the parts?

That’s almost impossible to say

First you need full clarity on what and where the problem is so that’s cost 1

Then the rectification with can be determined so thats cost 2

A short/tripping issue. On the cable running to the shed so in the garden area.

Chop the cable before the damage in the garden area.
Join it to a new piece of cable that i supply with the joint kit that i supply. Maximum two joints.

I would assume this would take a few hours at most do at most for someone who does this kind of work.

Join it to a new piece of cable that i supply with the joint kit that i supply. Maximum two joints.

I would assume this would take a few hours at most do at most for someone who does this kind of work.

I give up

Sounds viable to me. What some of the others are trying to convey is that whilst this should sort the issue out, it might not, which is a fair point. As contractors we try to sort issues out in a single hit, customers tend get very tetchy when we take several goes and cost keeps going up, so we would not necessarily approach the problem in the same way and prefer to rip out and replace entire lengths of cable.

Cost of resin filled torpedoes to joint isn't cheap either x2 in your case minimum .

Not a fan of the shark type gel filled ones had to take some of the smaller ones out [can't remember the brand ] of a hotel paved walkway as they failed and kept causing tripping faults . They had been fitted as a new install just over a year before by a main contractor !!
Less Joints = less faults especially when buried .
I tend to agree with Binky and the gang but only voicing an opinion from afar.