Correct way to joint 3 x 30 Amp cables, 30A JB not big enough

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How far does this have to go in your view? Filling your car up with fuel should it be only done by a qualified person with appropriate PPE? Painting and decorating again should it be qualified people only, hazardous materials, working at height etc? Should everyone be required to be a health and safety assessor before being allowed to do anything? What about cooking and baking, hygiene certificate needed before you can make yourself a round of toast?

Where do you draw the line?
I agree many things in life pose a hazard maybe nearly everything in life does. The point I am making is the farce of it all that anyone in this country has a free reign to do as they wish with electrical installations regardless of their level of competence there are no absolute rules which state 'this makes you an electrician'.

The big issue I have with all the regulation changes is how many people aren’t up to date with the 18th , let alone AMD 2, then there are the bodgers doing electrics too.

so it’s no surprise that standards are slipping

I agree many things in life pose a hazard maybe nearly everything in life does. The point I am making is the farce of it all that anyone in this country has a free reign to do as they wish with electrical installations regardless of their level of competence there are no absolute rules which state 'this makes you an electrician'.
I completely agree, it's a nightmare to sort though, quite how we do it I dont know.

The big issue I have with all the regulation changes is how many people aren’t up to date with the 18th , let alone AMD 2, then there are the bodgers doing electrics too.

so it’s no surprise that standards are slipping
Agreed, I'm rapidly learning how things have changed through forums and good people like yourself, youtube and many other sources

Yes, City Plumbing are getting into selling electrical items.

Just daft imho. Their counter staff might know plumbing but what about electrics ?
you dont need to know the product... like wise to purchase.... but you should know all about it if your installing it. Alibaba anyone ? ebay ? amazon ? lots for sale, but it is never the duty of the seller, thats just trying to shift responsibility.

Latest posts