HDMI issues

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kerching

©Kleenex™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Home for the terminally bewildered, one step ahead
Not my area of expertise so I thought it better to ask the collective
LG TV
Samsung BluRay HDD
Portal
Firestick all connected to HDMI

All worked fine, then yesterday NOTHING on any HDMI port
Turned everything off and back on, obvs😂
Swapped all ports around, still nothing
Reset TV to factory settings
Nothing
Set up Simplink and each HDMI port can 'see' what's connected and correctly names the connected items
BUT whenever I click on an HDMI port on the input section it says 'no signal' no matter which of the 3 I select
TV works fine in stand alone

Am I missing something blatantly obvious?

All of my LG's did a firmware upgrade in the last couple of days, maybe it's a failed update? I dont know how you can force it to redo the update.
Maybe time for that OLED TV you've promised yourself!

I had an older LG tv once ann no s one day the screen just went blue for no apparent reason, so decided I’d never buy another LG. Had Panasonic since and very impressed.

I had an older LG tv once ann no s one day the screen just went blue for no apparent reason, so decided I’d never buy another LG. Had Panasonic since and very impressed.
Thats a very small sample to assess LG is no good and ditto Panasonic is brilliant.

We currently have 3 x LG TV's in our house, just ove 2 years old and no issues. Previously we've had 8 LG TV's, even early Plasma ones again no problem, only replaced due to newer technology giving a worthwhile upgrade. The previous lot of 3 were all involved in a flood in our house, all of them received a prolonged heavy shower when a plastic pipe fitting failed. Once fuses were replaced allowing the time to dry out, they all worked fine. They were replaced by our insurance company as standard practice but amazing they still worked.

I would be surprised if a standard hairdryer gets hot enough to re flow solder, and in any event you would want to flux the board first?

I doubt it was re flowing the solder and I doubt it will be a reliable permanent fix.

I would be surprised if a standard hairdryer gets hot enough to re flow solder, and in any event you would want to flux the board first?

I doubt it was re flowing the solder and I doubt it will be a reliable permanent fix.
Yep, hot air soldering is typically 450 to 500 deg C on my station, no way is a hair dryer reflowing solder. Maybe driving out some moisture? Hence why I said I didnt agree with his logic, several people responded to the video on feedback and said it had worked for them.

J

If it was the hairdryer trick that restored it, I would mark that down as a poor unreliable design, offload the set while it still works and buy something completely different.

Latest posts