Practice what we preach!!!!!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Three port valve chucked it!!! Plus one gu10 in bathroom... Ahhhhhh!!! The list is getting bigger ...

consumer unit without a cover! :eek:

spider lighting just block connectored(?) and no enclosure,

SWA to (what was to be) shed supply just taped up and left(at both ends mind),

no local isolation to shower (in the middle of trying to do bathroom just now though),

no protection for submain to cu,just a REC2, moved it about 4m using 25mm SWA from existing HED(supplied in 16mm),

do I need to go on?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok building an extension so thought it was time to get things upto date and change CU for nice new shiny MK 15 way. Also purchased and installed a Vphase voltage optimisation unit.Finally got round to fitting the brushed steel accessories and changed all the 50w GU10s for LEDs. So back upto date. Let the chaos begin!!!!!!!! O and the floodlight is down in prep for extension...

Got a good deal on it , so thought I would give it a shot and see how it gets on.

New I would get a few comments on the vphase.. :)

I didn't think it was a problem, just needed more room in board for extension. And didn't really want to add other mini CU.. :)

All's okay in my house except one cracked double socket that I must get around to replacing.

Built 8 years ago so split load CU with just 1 RCD, but that's fine as long as I don't want to do alterations to lighting circuits (I don't).

but (cough) there's a 13A socket in my airing cupboard (in the bathroom) That used to be an FCU for the immersion heater, but I swapped it for a socket while I'm working on my solar PV automatic dump load unit. Eventually when it's all finished and proven, I'll put it back to being an FCU, honest, I will. Well I certainly will before I sell the house, if I ever sell the house that is.

My previous house, a 1930's semi, I renovated over a period of about 5 years, doing it room by room. So in that one, for most of that period, I had at least one incomplete ring final, gradually being installed room by room as the renovations continued. And only when the last room on each floor was finished, did the two ends of the ring finally meet each other.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think we should send the secret service section of the part P polis on an over the border raid, kidnap Dave, drag him back to england, then hold him accountable for all his misdemeanours!