Thursdays job.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soulman

Reaction score
Simple shower change. Prior to changing shower, done a few tests & checks. final test Zs at shower, no reading, checked voltage line to earth 69v, i had already checked pullcord, so informed customer, customer told me "the grandchildren had been complaining about getting shocks in the shower, so i thought i'd better get a new shower. So i had a look in the loft this is what i found, conductors twisted together.

ipod 1 167.jpg

If the cpc had of been intact, and the Zs reading was o.k. I would of connected the shower not knowing that some idiot had joined the cables in this manner.

Jesus that is frightening! We're they enclosed in anything? Lucky the house hadn't burnt down!

Wouldn't you just love to know who did that and ask them how the hell they sleep at night!

Good job you carried out the tests pal may of just saved a life!

Just one suggestion. Do those checks BEFORE you rip out the old shower. there was probably nothing wrong with the old one. You could have saved the customer money, and got a good reputation for fixing things into the bargain.

It's good that you discovered it, god knows what would have happened if it was left that way.

Prodave the checks were made before i touched the shower. The shower had thermal damage on a quite a few connections and was about 10 years old. I was also installing an rcd to protect the new shower. I also went to a property on monday to remove their metal light fittings as they were moving to a new property. I switched off the lighting circuit prior to removing fittings just as well, the earth connection of the metal fitting was wired into the loop. 3rd time i have seen this in 2 years.

OMG that's worse than any I've seen. Bet that was kicking up a stink.