£800 Worth Of C.k Sidecutters To Be Won!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the one thing i would like, if possible, is greater resistance to holes caused by snipping live cables. It doesn't happen often but is really irritating to have additional notches in the blades, especially when the 2 stripper notches are there already, and clean cutting edge is quite short already.

the one thing i would like, if possible, is greater resistance to holes caused by snipping live cables. It doesn't happen often but is really irritating to have additional notches in the blades, especially when the 2 stripper notches are there already, and clean cutting edge is quite short already.
plastic blades ?

:C

I love the combi cutters and i always have.

Crimps dont belong there IMHO

I wouldnt change a thing to be honest but.....................have you thought of increasing the blade head length and maybe surface area and incorporated a dual blade like say fine at the top and maybe heavier duty snips for haevier guage wire.

It might not be possible but it's just an idea that i want credited for if it happens

:B-

it would be really easy to increase the blade length,

simply get rid of those stoopid notches!
Steps - they are there in their range as an option. They do conventional side cutters too.

I like the notches but a longer cutting edge would be an improvement. That or some kind of stop that meant to use the stripping function the handles had to be opened very wide, maybe more like the cable shear but with notches.

http://www.ck-tools.com/products/ck_tools/pliers_cutters/redline_vde/vde_cable_cutters/

Last edited by a moderator:
Steps - they are there in their range as an option. They do conventional side cutters too.

I like the notches but a longer cutting edge would be an improvement. That or some kind of stop that meant to use the stripping function the handles had to be opened very wide, maybe more like the cable shear but with notches.

http://www.ck-tools...._cable_cutters/
the Draper Ergo has the lengthened blade [+ notches]....tip is for flush cutting soft stuff and cable ties. Using the tips to hold a nut is NOT a good idea...see writer for details

My last pair of CK combi's got ruined by a chippy borrowing a pair of PLYERS to take a nail out of the wall.

When i looked in my bag the PLYERS were still there and the snips were on the side with another groove in them!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To say i lost the plot would be putting it nicely :angry:

Ever since then i have a spare pair handy that i can fall back on

Note to ones self, do not lend tools to less intelligent trades!

Thankyou for your experience Wicksy, it'll save me from it!!
It is easier just to 'not lend tools'....it saves having to let their tyres down on your way to 'get back the tools you have paid for so they didn't have to'

Just out of interest, How do you mark your tools so you know they are yours?

I use my glare, when a tool goes missing the place gets shut down.

other than that I have a scriber to etch my initials into the steel of the tool, and if its a driver I use perm markers, but not has effective as my glare and temper.

Marking...name and phone number engraved onto metal bits if possible

Pliers etc name and number written inside handle where it does not get as much dirt on it.

I too still have some of my Gandads tools...and I am 56!

I look after my stuff as I paid for it, my ex employees did NOT look after my stuff AS I paid for it

Some of my stuff has the pre 01 prefix to the phone number!

I use marker on my tools.

It may be because they were my furst pair of cutters but my favorite was the cutters that are of the design before the current design, curved handles and longer cutting edge (i think) they just seemed nice in the hand.

Personally I think all cutters should have the 3.5 shear, it must not all too much to manuf cost and you would be a fool not to use them.

Mr CK, Why oh why did you put the stripping notches on the combicutters at the bottom of the jaw. If you watch any sparky working you will see him/her dropping the cable fully in or pushing the cutters fully up and closing. You cant do that with the combicutters as the notches stop the cutting.

Move the stripping notches to the open end of the jaw and your sales will double.

Mr CK, Why oh why did you put the stripping notches on the combicutters at the bottom of the jaw. If you watch any sparky working you will see him/her dropping the cable fully in or pushing the cutters fully up and closing. You cant do that with the combicutters as the notches stop the cutting.

Move the stripping notches to the open end of the jaw and your sales will double.
Or totally redisign and put them in the handle for more leverage, by the way I invented the multi pocket work trousers when I was about 11 years of age, at a time when copyright and my designs were put down by my peers.

Latest posts