1 week on

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Those of you who have been discussing this with me, this is the story from the local paper web site:

This is South Wales | Health fear sparks face masks call after Fforestfach blaze

There are other stories around, one week since this started about 1 mile from home & about 100 ft from my lock up in the next door building!

Fforestfach blaze - Google Search

Shredded tyres, will probably burn for about another 6 weeks.

News reports say only 3 fires of this type in the world ever?

I find this hard to believe mind, 2 in the UK, 1 in Africa.

Mid & West Wales Fire brigade say this is the largest incident they have ever had to deal with.

Roads still closed for general access, I drove up to the unit today through the controls and over the fire hoses (they have provided ramps) and up to the unit and counted over a dozen fire brigade vehicles still at the scene.

Family have photo's & videos on Facebook, Miss SW Jnr has had video shown on BBC news of it!

The unit next door to my lock up runs a customer facing business they have had to close for a week!

It may put some businesses through.

I know of it mate.

Thought of you (unit) straight away.

I know someone who actually lives very near to the incident and had to be evacuated.

He said that the person who owns that business, had another business (I beieve he said it was in Oxford) and that the same thing happened up there. :eek:

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 18:04 ---------- Previous post was made at 17:58 ----------

Could I trouble you to a link of MissSW's facebook page containing the images and videos mate?

PM if you prefer.

we had a rather large fire in lincoln (probably not as big and bad as yours) , covered the city pretty quickly, spoke to a fireman today who was there and lives in my village said it got almost all sorted by 2130ish last night. the smell was quite bad when it started, the wife insisted we had to divert to where the smoke was coming from on way home and go close enough to see the flames roaring up.

heres the local paper inserts

This is Lincolnshire | The Fire at European Metal Recycling in Lincoln

This is Lincolnshire | Oil leak may have started blaze at Lincoln recycling plant

wayne

large fire up here a few weeks ago

3224098-firejohnbrown_460_345.jpg

more info

That looks pretty bad Andy!

The fire officers I talked to today reckon this one will go on until the end of next month at the earliest, they have had fire fighters in from over a 50 mile radius.

it was, but it didnt last long. i was about 300m away from it at the time - it was like night inside. then when i got home (about 10 mile), it was still overhead. iirc, it could be seen from scottish borders. search 'I Survived the Great Fire of Byker' on facebook for more pics etc

started late morning, it was under control within a few hours, and out by evening/next morning

we had a rather large fire in lincoln (probably not as big and bad as yours) , covered the city pretty quickly, spoke to a fireman today who was there and lives in my village said it got almost all sorted by 2130ish last night. the smell was quite bad when it started, the wife insisted we had to divert to where the smoke was coming from on way home and go close enough to see the flames roaring up.heres the local paper inserts
I was heading south into lincoln on the '46 at just before five yesterday and could see the smoke not long after I passed the halfway house roundabout!

Where abouts in lincoln you based btw mate... can't recall seeing the van in your pic around, I don't think?

I was heading south into lincoln on the '46 at just before five yesterday and could see the smoke not long after I passed the halfway house roundabout!Where abouts in lincoln you based btw mate... can't recall seeing the van in your pic around, I don't think?
all over lincoln mate, but that van is no longer as wrote it off in nov so just a white van at mo.

wayne

Yes it is Admin, they have closed the website to traffic as their servers went up in smoke!

The building has collapsed and the FB can't enter as it is slowly coming down on top of the fire!!!

jez, Ive bought some bits and bobs from M&P over the years, nice people to deal with, :(

what the ** its all coming to at the minute....?

ppeps struggling as it is then this kinda stuff happens to them,,,,,

The building has collapsed and the FB can't enter as it is slowly coming down on top of the fire!!!
Due to the pending prosecutions of some Warwickshire fire officers, where a crew were killed in a warehouse fire when the roof came in on them, after allegedly being sent in by said officers; most brigades will no longer commit crews to a burning warehouse unless persons are reported inside.

Due to the pending prosecutions of some Warwickshire fire officers, where a crew were killed in a warehouse fire when the roof came in on them, after allegedly being sent in by said officers; most brigades will no longer commit crews to a burning warehouse unless persons are reported inside.
I remember that, that was very close to where I am