12v-230v Camping Trailer Inverter Setup

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JPED1

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am hoping somebody can help me. I have bought a camping trailer and have put together a diagram of how its 230v system is wired up. The system only runs when plugged into mains. I have a 12v 125Ah Lithium battery and would like to make use of it by being able to run the 230v system from it. I have purchased myself a 3000W DC-AC inverter. I have attached a diagram of how i think i will need to wire it up for it to be successful. I would be very grateful if someone could have a look and see if i'm not about to cause a fire! :ROFLMAO: I have also included pictures of the components i think i'll need, found in the attached PDF.

TIA!

Attachments

• Inverter Setup Proposal.pdf
    760.9 KB · Views: 0
That looks pretty much OK and it is what I did with my caravan. Just one thing I think you need to add is an earth spike to pop into ground. I attached mine to a levelling leg so it automatically dug into the ground.

Thanks for that Johnb2713, I like the idea of using the levelling leg to dig it into the ground, very neat!
In terms of the MCB set up between the mains and the switch, am i right in saying I would technically need 2 - one for the live wire and one for neutral?

Thanks for that Johnb2713, I like the idea of using the levelling leg to dig it into the ground, very neat!
In terms of the MCB set up between the mains and the switch, am i right in saying I would technically need 2 - one for the live wire and one for neutral?
Most caravan have double pole MCB's because there are many countries that have random options which conductor is live and which is neutral, if you want an MCB there, fit a dual pole one.

Last edited: