17Th Edition Meters Aarghh

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Megger Mark has been very help full to me and has supplied me some stuff at fantastic prizes.(including a multi function tester)

I got the Megger 1730 and it is a fantastic bit of kit. I doubt the megger haters have tried the 1700 series meters which i think are fantastic and a vasty improvement on the 1500 series (which i liked but i can see how a fluke would compare to it).

Megger is a bit like Apple equipment, its amazing but suffers jealousy from those who can not afford one. :innocent
what?

you mean a bad copy of the original?  :slap

admittedly, I havent tried the 1700 series, but why would I want too when I have a superior meter anyway,? :)

thats a bit like selling the Audi R8 and getting an Austin Allegro. [and NO, I dont actually have an R8, :(   ]

I used to have a Kewtech KT61 issued to me by my old employer to replace my separates ( BM223, LT5 ) and it was bloody awful to use when testing Ze on DNO streetlight cutouts if the loop impedance was very low it would just display 0.00 where my old tester would give me a value say 0.05 also I didn't like the insulation test coming up with OL on the display for an infinity reading.

My own personal tester is a Fluke 1653B and I think its a great bit of kit I have also used an original 1651 but I found that very slow on the loop test

I have used the Megger 1552/53 and I really liked them thought they where easy to use and of the usual Megger quality, And the 1700 series ive tried out at ELEX last year and was impressed I would love a 1730

For a budget tester I would be looking at either a Megger 1710 or a Fluke 1651B