2330 L3 & 17th Ed

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zak325

Reaction score
Evening,

Can someone please explain to me why if having just passed Level 3 of C&G 2330, I am required to sit the 17th Ed aswell. Surely the Level 3 qual I am currently studying for meets 17th Ed (BS7698:2008) requirements (?)

cheers

I can only speak from personal experience here, but when you study for the 2381 you actually learn how the different sections of the regs overlap and affect each other, rather than just being kind of force fed the relevant regs to get you through to the end of the course with photo-copied hand-outs and text books etc. It's a more in depth study of why things are done rather than how they are done, if you know what I mean.

same reason you had to do the level 3 , to get more money out of you and keep people in jobs.

I phoned up the guilds people about this . I told them what qualifications I had and was told that the 17th ed update was all I had to do . I have 2330 lvl 2 and lvl 3 . I will be booking my place very shortly :D

I phoned up the guilds people about this . I told them what qualifications I had and was told that the 17th ed update was all I had to do . I have 2330 lvl 2 and lvl 3 . I will be booking my place very shortly :D
This is true.

You don't have to do the update course either - if you can find a college willing to take you as an external candidate.

Thankfully if you have the L3 2330 then 17th ed update is all that is required (i think its 1 day, multiple choice test at the end, but still a few hundred pounds!).

My point was more that if I am currently working/studying/adhearing to 17th ed regs then why do I have to sit another 17th Ed course??!!

Also - what is the cost / cheapest people have found for the 17th Ed Update course? Bromley College, 1 day, is

Thats the way I've done it too. After Level 3 enroled for the 17th update only. Booked in for the 3rd March.

Latest posts