2330 level 3 content

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sprocketflup

BDSM SUB & SWAGFAG™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is more of a question for fairly recent students I guess, what Im trying to weigh up is whether or not its a viable thing to do my 2330 level 3 on a distance learning course.

So Im trying to find out roughly the content of the 2330. if its mostly theory, then great i havent a problem teaching myself, ive done it plenty of times before. But if its mostly hands on stuff, then i guess not.

Im going to need to do a fair bit of travelling to do it, which is why im weighing up the distance learning odds.

thanks in advance

This is more of a question for fairly recent students I guess, what Im trying to weigh up is whether or not its a viable thing to do my 2330 level 3 on a distance learning course.So Im trying to find out roughly the content of the 2330. if its mostly theory, then great i havent a problem teaching myself, ive done it plenty of times before. But if its mostly hands on stuff, then i guess not.

Im going to need to do a fair bit of travelling to do it, which is why im weighing up the distance learning odds.

thanks in advance
Are the colleges offering 2330 lvl3 as a distance learning course? It's quite a lot to take on board. I done mine about 3yrs ago now and I did hear that the course was being altered with another course number. You might be best to give city and guilds a call on this.

excuse spelling, to many beers tonight

Its mostly theory

to be honest if you got the level 2 and your good on theory the level 3 is easy.

first exam is a gola a recap of what you should already know,

second is practical, test a board, and a written exam on testing

third is test a board with faults, then a written exam

If your ok with learning at home and know how to test, go for it.

Who are you thinking of going with?

To be honest I found it a lot easier then the level 2, no conduit involved :)

The 301 exam is a slightly harder version of the 203 exam (H&S part is still stupidly easy) and is 40 questions as opposed to 30 for the 203 but only needs 50% across each parts

302 written exam is incredibly easy I finished it in 45 minutes, same for 303 (if you've done you're 17th thats very helpful)

The two practicals are easy enough if you're up to date with your testing/inspection. 302 was pure testing and you have to correctly fill out a PIR/EICR form (5 mistakes in total, including missed ticks, incorrect coding etc.), a short H&S test, sequence and description of tests (Crippler) and Safe Isolation procedure

303 was a PIR with 9 built in faults to be found and correctly code, and again correctly fill out a PIR/EICR form

I've got a ton of lvl 3 exam papers I could fire you're way if you want?

Last edited by a moderator:
The 301 exam is a slightly harder version of the 203 exam (H&S part is still stupidly easy) and is 40 questions as opposed to 30 for the 203 but only needs 50% across each parts302 written exam is incredibly easy I finished it in 45 minutes, same for 303 (if you've done you're 17th thats very helpful)

The two practicals are easy enough if you're up to date with your testing/inspection. 302 was pure testing and you have to correctly fill out a PIR/EICR form (5 mistakes in total, including missed ticks, incorrect coding etc.), a short H&S test, sequence and description of tests (Crippler) and Safe Isolation procedure

303 was a PIR with 9 built in faults to be found and correctly code, and again correctly fill out a PIR/EICR form

I've got a ton of lvl 3 exam papers I could fire you're way if you want?
yes please, ill PM you my email address :)

Latest posts