2391 Paper - 12th August 2010 - Anyone have it?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonzer

Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone have the paper from this Thursday?

I sat the exam on Thursday evening and, while sitting through the agonizing wait until the results come through in October, would like to have a look through the paper in my own time and see where I have probably made mistakes!!!

Thanks,

Bonzer

Just bumping this up in case anybody now has access to this - if you do please private message me - It would be much appreciated. As would the 21st October paper!

Thanks

Just bumping this up in case anybody now has access to this - if you do please private message me - It would be much appreciated. As would the 21st October paper!

Thanks

Antone got yesterdays paper?
No, but i took it and it was bloody vile. I did 10 past papers as revision and i noticed there was several questions which popped up on them frequently eg calculate ir, legal status of tester, proper name of tester etc etc be lucky if 3 or 4 of them came up. I completely revised the wrong topics lol. Similar reaction from others that sat the exam as well.

What was the scenario question about?

Someone has mentioned having to draw a diagram for earth fault path.

No question on earth fault path. Infact it was one of the few papers where there wasnt a drawing to do at all.

The little gem of the paper was 10 marks for correctly writing about safe isolation procedure and 12 marks for identifying 6 readings which cause for concern on a schedule of test results and explain your reason for concern.

Infact it was one of the few papers where there wasnt a drawing to do at all.
I would say that it is usually best to have a few diagrams to illustrate your answers even if not directly asked for. Time is a critical factor in the 2391 written exam and a quick sketch could save time over a lengthy description. It may also demonstrate an understanding that would be missed in a written answer.

What did you think about the trick question regarding RCD protection for an office circuit?

Ahhhh the one where it stated the installation was under supervision of a competant person or however it was worded? I almost fell for that then re read the briefing as it seemed too easy lol

Latest posts