2391 "Passed"

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
easy's exam iv ever taken
Dazzel, I'm dazzled by your excellence. Let me bask in the light of your glory.

We are honored to have you here and look forward to many more lengthy, informative and detailed posts such as that one.

I thought it was easy, but then again I was doing testing for about 20 years before I actually took the 2391. It still made me doubt myself though, so I guess it was not as easy as I made it look.

17 on my course with only 7 passing. Me being one of those that passed.

Hardest thing about exam was understanding what they were asking !!! and how to answer.

Thought exam was very fair though.

hi anyone no when the 11/08/2011 2391 results are out ? hate the waiting game lol

The national pass rate is about 48 to 50%. C & G would like it to be higher but.....

The longer it takes to receive your result the better. Each paper does the rounds of External Verifiers and they all have their own ways of marking the papers. No two of these guys will give PRECISELY the same marks for any one question. One trainer told me that the marks assigned to part 1 are never guaranteed; the EV's (some of them) would say "of course he should know that" and give two marks instead of the three. They will deduct marks if, in their view, you have not used the terminology strictly to the letter.

I did an MEng in Electronic and Electrical Engineering 15 years ago and I was more worried about this exam than my degree!! I think it's got a bit of a reputation and that alone makes it daunting! It's not an easy exam and you do have to really know your stuff and then they can throw you a curved ball!! I spent days drawing and re-drawing all my diagrams for earthing arrangements I thought an easy 15 marks! There was not one drawing on the June 2011 exam!!

I took the June one and have been told I have passed(yipee) but no cert yet (boo hoo)

The exam is not hard as long as you have photographic memory and can remember the whole of the BRB and GN3 in your head. Plus are able to apply all of that to a practical situation presented to you in the exam and average a correct answer every 2 minutes. Oh and always use the exact terminology that the C&G want but you would never normally use. Yep a real walk in the park. That is why this exam nearly caused a divorce in my house as I spent the whole of a 2 week holiday revising.

Wonder when the certificate is going to come through then, mine has not arrived either. I hope it comes before Mr NAPIT comes to see me, they have been banging on about me getting this for a few years!

I am pleased in a way to know I am not alone in to be still awaiting on my cert.

It must be the longest I have ever waited - I wait for the postie every day

I have been sent a scan of mine the centre are holding it hostage as I failed to pay the full amout of the course fee. I underpaid by

Congratulations !! means a lot to have all your qualifications and thats a biggy. Well done.

Tony

Just got my certificate thro' too ; -) Can concur with a lot of whats been said previously! I personally found the written exam relatively straight forward but then again I knew all the correct terminology having read a lot previously about loosing marks for not using it. Knowing GN3 inside & out like the back of my hand was also key to getting thro' as i found the whole exam was based around this knowledge! (Nothing new there I suppose!!) Interpretation of some of the questions could have been difficult as a few left you thinking what exactly are they looking for here but I obviously navigated my way thro' them?!?! All in all if you're willing to study for it and have the practical experience of installation/testing I dont think anyone should be fearful of the exam ; -)