2391 practical

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the info! :)

It will definitely help me paint a picture of what to expect on the day, and like you say i will have to tray and keep my cool.

I have not passed my practical exam. I was nervous, not really confident. Before went there, I have tested my flat. On my exam I struggled with visual ins of CU. With Zs I have forgotten the rule of thumb. In the middle of the exam tutor terminet it. I got feedback. I have to agree that I need more practising. Still waiting for result of theory exam. It takes 10 weeks to come.

80%. (x 0.8)

Sorry to hear that you failed. :(

Woo hoo, after much waiting I received my C&G cert for the 2391 this morning. Disapointed that they dont tell you a score for the exam but it just says PASS for the theory and practical elements.

Many thanks to those on this forum that offered so much in terms of help and encouragement over the last few months.

Now I have to complete the 2391-20 project by the end of next month and I am not at all motivated......

Hi to all

I am sitting my 2391 practical tomorrow I need some advice please

If I am carrying out the live test first (periodic inspection) and I want to do the Ze first is it ok to isolate the isolator on the 3hase db then remove the cover remove the cpc and then carry out the test or do I have to lock off first

After completeting the live testing I would lock off to do the dead testing

When carrying out the IR on a single phase board supplied from a circuit breaker from the 3hase board should I do the IR test on the single phase board if all is clear on the sigle phase board I would leave this board isolated and carry on with the IR tests on the 3phase board do I switch off any rcd before I do the IR test in case I get any false readings

When carrying out the IR testing on the 3 hase board is it to test from the load side of the isolator obviously with the isolator off and the sub circuits on

thanks

voltfree

Hi to all

I am sitting my 2391 practical tomorrow I need some advice please

If I am carrying out the live test first (periodic inspection) and I want to do the Ze first is it ok to isolate the isolator on the 3hase db then remove the cover remove the cpc and then carry out the test or do I have to lock off first

After completeting the live testing I would lock off to do the dead testing

When carrying out the IR on a single phase board supplied from a circuit breaker from the 3hase board should I do the IR test on the single phase board if all is clear on the sigle phase board I would leave this board isolated and carry on with the IR tests on the 3phase board do I switch off any rcd before I do the IR test in case I get any false readings

When carrying out the IR testing on the 3 hase board is it to test from the load side of the isolator obviously with the isolator off and the sub circuits on

thanks

voltfree

Latest posts