2nd NICEIC Inspection

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris_k

Reaction score
HI,

Ive got my second annual D.I. NICEIC assesment coming up in june. Do they choose which jobs to see on the day or do i? (On your opening assesment you choose them) Problem being there are a few properties where i cant get access, ie New owners, 1 away on holiday and 1 empty property. Will this be a problem on the day?

The ammount of domestic jobs this year has been minimal so i haven`t got a wealth of sites to choose from.

Cheers

Chris

I always decide on the day with my assessor.

I let him look at all the certs and tell him to take his pick

However you must have access to these properties for the inspection to be carried out.

Normally a few phone calls the day or night before should sort you out a few properties where the owners are available.

With NICEIC D.I. you only need two properties....

and they fully understand the difficulties with gaining access to a private property.

The big problem comes if you cannot gain access then you will be charged for a second visit! :(

I have always organised two properties, if necessary borrowed keys because homeowner is at work.

The NIC have never seen it a problem or an issue or any questions asked the fact that I have organised the properties... It is Totally impractical to have 5 or 6 private homeowners keys at your disposal in case the NIC wanted to visit that site.

They do need FULL access to all of your certificates & paperwork etc..

so they can have a good poke around to see how you are filling out all your documentation.

Just to add... most of my jobs they have inspected have included a CU change, or full-rewire, so they have plenty of random selection picking circuits they want you to test, accessories to open up etc...

Also the jobs need to be relatively close together so they can both be visited & checked in a half day visit. ;)

I was told a couple of years ago that I should get 3 properties lined up for inspection, one as a backup!!!
Thats good advice. at the end of the day you have got to have more than one job guaranteed accessible!

and so far at EVERY job I have been inspected at, they have ALWAYS checked main gas/water bonding and warning signs labels at the fuse box..

then any other variable bits they choose. ;)

I just had 3 properties this year - and the NICEIC inspector picked 2.