2nd Opinion Smart Relay Wiring (Salus SR600)

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjw76

Reaction score
Hi

I'm after a second opinion on how to wire in a Salus SR600 to help control a heater, the suggested wiring from the heater supplier does not seem to match one of the options in the Salus SR600 instructions. The SR600 is a relay controlled by an app via wifi.

The heater comes with a 3 pin plug and I would like to install the SR600 to switch the supply to the outlet so that it can be controlled by the Salus control app. Effectively turning the outlet to be the smart device rather than the heater itself.

The options from Salus:
Screenshot 2023-02-28 at 22.08.48.png
..with the additional wiring diagram:
Screenshot 2023-02-28 at 22.08.32.png Screenshot 2023-02-28 at 22.23.50.png

However (bearing in mind the preference to install before the plug outlet to avoid cutting the heater flex) this is the suggestion from the panel supplier:

Screenshot 2023-02-28 at 22.10.09.png Screenshot 2023-02-28 at 22.10.33.png

My main concern is that I can't see how the attached hand-drawn wiring diagram matches any of the options in the Salus wiring diagrams.

Would anyone be able to offer any advice on whether I should follow it?

I would like to leave the 3 pin plug and the flex on the heater intact as they are ceiling mounted and will need maintenance so don't want too much in the way of hard wiring to the heater, preferring to do the wiring in of the Salus to control the outlet.

Any tips, or advice greatly appreciated!

Option one.

Live from the plug (or outlet) goes to L to power the Solus.
And Live is looped to COM, which is one terminal of the internal Solus switch (NO means "Normally Open).
Solus closes the internal switch on command, and Live comes out of NO and goes to the heater.
Neutral from the plug (or outlet) goes to N and loops to the heater.
The earth wires in the image are just twisted together.
Not satisfactory, there may be room for a "Twist-On Wire Connector" shown as "cap" in the sketch. Or even better, a "Wago Connector".

Thanks everyone for confirming, appreciated (y) ...have a few wagos so was already thinking that would be a tidier option than just twisting the earth wires.