3 phase equipment in order.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clarkey231

Reaction score
Hi,

I’ve just joined the forum because I would like some help and info if possible on getting my already installed 3 phase supply connected. I have a connection date in 5 weeks and I need to have the equipment mounted and ready for that date. All things ‘downstream’ of the consumer unit can be finished later.

I’ll try to attach a pic of the incoming supply. If I could then get in order the stuff I’d need that would be great.

Thanks in advance,

Dave.1C311980-5938-457D-A9FB-A86D171EA0BD.jpeg

Do you mean a distribution board for them to connect to. If not decided just put in place a four pile isolator.

For clarification the garage currently has leccy fed from my house. This will be disconnected so the garage will have a seperate 3 phase supply. It’s mainly just for running a starter motor and alternator testing machine.

Do you mean a distribution board?
Yes I think so. I’m doing zero wiring as I don’t know what I’m doing. But I can mount the ‘stuff’ that will be required so when they come and fit the meter they have something to connect it to. Or am I simplifying what needs to be done to much?

Well if the existing supply is being ditched someone needs to get the board in and put in a temporary or permanent supply to the existing consumer unit so it can be connected up quickly.

The house is staying on its original single phase.
Unusual for a dwelling to have two separate DNO supplies there are implications for earthing. Can you show the other supply, same earthing systems will require bonding together and different systems is another issue.

Unusual for a dwelling to have two separate DNO supplies there are implications for earthing. Can you show the other supply, same earthing systems will require bonding together and different systems is another issue.
Mmmm well over my head now? I thought if the garage and house where completely separated it was ok earth wise?

We’ve just had an extension built and the sparky did mention all this but as I say I’m defo not a sparky and don’t understand.

Latest posts