301 today.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blacberry22

Reaction score
hi guys, had my 301 today and only manged a pass I'm absolutely gutted with the outcome, we was given a load of mock papers and i was fine with them but today there was some of the same questions as the mock papers but worded completely different and some that was on lumens which was a nightmare to work out.

anyway at least i passed that's the main thing. i have the 302 next so now i have to learn my way around the regs.

just a quick question: how long do you have to complete lvl3 nvq?

just a quick question: how long do you have to complete lvl3 nvq?

You need to be registered before the end of March for the 2356, the last certification date is March 2015, although funding will run out before that. If starting after 31/03/2011 you'll have to do the 2357.

Brian will it be possible to still just do the NVQ3 as a stand alone after all these changes take place at all?AndyGuinness
I would hope so Andy, there are bound to be plenty of people with 2360 or 2330 who suddenly find they need an NVQ to get an ECS card.

From the looks of it there are "college based" units which take the place of 2330 and "workplace based" units similar to the current 2356 NVQ. The AM2 will be a compulsory requirement.

hi Brian, i have been given my EAL nvq portfolio it has a candidate No and a CQN No so does that mean I'm registered? I'm with southport college so i must be.

The reason i ask how long i have to complete it, my tutor is saying he wants it completed before we finish in the summer because he has to come out and asses because the college wont get an E.V

as much as i would like to get it completed by then i don't think i will be able to do it. when i started the course i was working 2 days a week for free but the electrician i was working with has moved abroad.

oh and its the 2330 lvl3 nvq I'm doing

Thanks

Mick.

EAL are slightly different to the City & Guilds, from the sounds of it you are registered & everything is ok.

so with me being registered how long do i have to complete it?

I'm going to speak to my tutor next about it but iv heard i have 2-3 years to complete it.

NVQ must be completed within 2 years of registration but cannot be completed any earlier than 10 weeks after registration.

Latest posts