4 CORE CABLES ON MCB'S

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On a recent commercial:

approx 15M 6mm 4 core SWA, running 2 no. SP supplies for coffee machines (32A MCBs), and a 13A spur for a water boiler(16A MCB). 3 final ccts, 3 SP breakers. The supply was SP.

Hadn`t been picked up on the PIAT - perhaps it should have been..........

I didn`t give it a thought - pre-existing cct. Maybe it should be queried.

KME

Yes the OP hasn't stated whether it's SP or 3P.You are assuming that it is SP.
since its not stated, im assuming the worst, i.e SP. your stating something as fact, yet you even admit you dont know if its SP or TP, so how you come to the conclusion of 'this is standard', i have no idea

but i do agree with your last point

TBH I think this is all a bit OTT. No need to suggest things like that Spin.

Concur.

I thought the whole purpose of the forum was to answer questions from those who may not be sure, or need clarification. Regularly, those questions provoke further debate, perhaps bringing to light a point or situation which no-one else had thought to include.

Yes, if an "electrician" comes here and asks a question that a first-year trainee should know, we all get a bit *concerned*??.

However, broad, sweeping generalisations like the ones above, to me, serve no useful purpose at all.

Don`t shoot back at me, I`m only voicing my opinion. Please or offend, as you like.

KME

i think a lot of you on here need to learn to read things properly, try reading post number 3.

<rolling eyes>

i think a lot of you on here need to learn to read things properly, try reading post number 3.<rolling eyes>
There's been a bit of thread drift so the original question was answered and other similar queries were aired and discussed.

Who exactly are you referring to and are you sure you read the thread properly? ;)

As i believe it to be, they should be on a 3 phase 10amp breaker if they are sharing 1 neutral so all can be isolated

you havent stated is their an earth

As i believe it to be, they should be on a 3 phase 10amp breaker if they are sharing 1 neutral so all can be isolated you havent stated is their an earth
we still dont know if this is 3 phase or not.... very bad advice if its single phase

3 phase lights ??? Its irrelevant whether the supply is single or three phase here. According to the op there are two light circuits and a camera, how can it be 3 phase equipment ?

3 phase lights ??? Its irrelevant whether the supply is single or three phase here. According to the op there are two light circuits and a camera, how can it be 3 phase equipment ?
if you have 3x SP circuits, then neutral current will be combined. which may well be over what the neutral conductor can carry. if there on different phases, then not such a problem with potentially overloaded neutral. whether its SP or TP is the most relevant part here.