40 year old Landrover as a "van" am I mad?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having taken out the two passenger seats, I've got most stuff in the cab now.

I've left behind all my drums of cable, because I'm second fixing a new build so won't need any cable will I.

Well that's 2 days of using the Landy. and no I didn't need anything that wasn't with me.

I filled the tank today. I don't think it was really empty, but the fuel gauge said so, so I filled it anyway. I worked out the consumption. 24.24 miles per gallon. Now nobody is going to say that's good, but it's better than I expected (my last Landrover, 20 years ago would never do better than 20mpg)

I'm not happy with the handling of the Landy at the moment. It's hard work on the lumpy bumpy twisty steep mountain road I've been driving the last 2 days, to the point I think there's something not right. So I'm hoping to get time to have a good look underneath tomorrow.

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 19:43 ---------- Previous post was made at 19:41 ----------

you will need cable for that extra socket that they forgot to tell you about
Actually I WILL need some new cable for this job, but not for a new socket, but to replace the bit between two bathroom light fittings that has a N-E short. I suspect a screw or nail has found the cable. But that can wait until later, for the time being the other 4 lights in that bathroom work.

About 24 from a 3,500kg 12 plate Transit Jumbo with an on / off switch for a throttle!

Mind mostly local, avg speed for that consumption according to the trip computer is less than 40mph.

Latest posts