40A Supply In Garage

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want to know what sort of domestic compressor needs 40A.

And if it's an industrial sized one, what are you doing in your garage and what other tools might you want.

Seems best to think it through properly and get a proper installation designed to meet all your needs properly and safely.

I want to know what sort of domestic compressor needs 40A.

And if it's an industrial sized one, what are you doing in your garage and what other tools might you want.

Seems best to think it through properly and get a proper installation designed to meet all your needs properly and safely.

Answer to your questions is Clarke SE18C200ND Industrial Air Compressor (OL). I won't be using anything else at the same time.

Can someone please recommend websites where I can find parts of this job? It will actually make sense when I post all the parts required for the job here.

Well the spec says it is a 4 hp motor and needs a 40A supply so,it looks like they have taken into account the start current....but i know little of the things of which you speak

Yeh I am fairly certain they have otherwise they will not be lising 40A everywhere.            

Last edited by a moderator:
get some H05/7 RNF/RRF or CY

Mr sidewinder,

methinks this is a case if five someone the title of engineer instead of a pay rise, makes them feel important, a bit like the gasman, ;)

lol! I have no intention of showing off who I am or what I do which is why I never mentioned any of this when I started this topic but I had no choice when everything I said got shot down like I am some school kid.

Actually a registered professional engineer, or technician, EngTech, IEng, or CEng, working outside their competence unsupervised is in breach of the terms of their professional registration with the Engineering Council, which they agreed to when they took up the registration. This is one reason for my attitude and responses, I have to ensure that I keep my professional registration with the EngC intact.

An electrical engineer asking 1st year apprentice questions, is very questionable, tbh.
No shame in asking questions about something that is new to you. Just because I am an engineer does not mean I know everything about everything.I don't know what idea people have about electrical engineers but there is only so much that is taught in 3 years of university and believe me when I say this that wiring a house is of no interest at all in that degree! Anyways, I wouldn't be asking questions about 400-132kV systems here.

and i wouldnt be asking questions about 132-400kv systems, i would be getting someone is competent to do the work...
Are we seriously comparing a simple house wiring to the complexity of 132-400kV systems? Is what I am trying to do here really that much of a rocket science?

yes. i know how to wire 230/400v, so surely after asking a few basic questions i should be able to work with 132-400kv?

Mate it works the other way round. When you understand/know how to deal with difficult thing than its easier to learn how to deal with easy stuff. I never said I don't know 230/400V systems. I know them very well up to the cut-out/isolator point. Anyways I don't see any point of replying to anything else here anymore. I am not going to get anymore useful information here.

Jamal,

You can and could have got a lot more information if you had come to the party with a different attitude.

You are not the only Engineer who has been on the forum.

The level of answers you get are based on the way you post the question.

The readers have no idea what you are trying to do, nor your competence.

If you want help you must explain yourself correctly.