50Kw PV

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steptoe

of course Im wrong, ask my wife™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
all help appreciated,

just been today to look at a 50Kw 3ph solar PV,

backfed from the sub DB in what I am guessing to be a 35mm 4c SWA,(possibly larger), but I have calc'd on 35mm, its close on 140M so do I work out VD at 8% as its a private supply, or 5% as it connected to the public network? either way I think Im inside anyways, can someone confirm please?

Im not 100% sure on this either, but I think Im going to have to downgrade to 63A in order to get this through,,,,,,,,,

I dont think it will pull anything any bigger, I havent even bothered to work this bit out yet as my head is ****ted with a load of other stuff, so I just wanted to think aloud so to speak in case I have missed something totally obvious and am wasting my time even working anything else out.

thanks.

VD for PV is 4% - ie very minimal allowed to reduce losses - will double check course notes a bit later.

Not so sure on the 3 phase side, but would have said if 25mm can carry 100A, 35mm should do better than 63A even with the cable length - just look at DNO overhead power lines!

Latest posts