Admin doing his job !

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I thought i would post this here, rather than a PM as well as telling people about the checks, i have a question for other NICEIC peeps . Admin are on their toes and PM'D me a few weeks back to remind me my yearly scheme provider cert was running out and i needed proof to keep the logo up. We have since had our yearly visit (and passed with no remarks) and its then i remembered that our enrollment certificate has a start date and NO ex piracy. All we get is a receipt for our cheque. We still only in possession of the enrollment cert of 3 or 4 years ago when our address changed. Any other NIC guys get yearly enrollment certs ?

With British standards I got my certificate when I first started and then didn't get another until I stopped being registered for commercial work due to the fact I had no job to show one year but the following year they gave me another certificate as I did have a job to show. I suppose it saves paperwork.

Some certs have start and end dates - NIC certs to not.

I take the start date and add 12 months from that. I then PM you to remind you*. I need confirmation that you have passed the recent assessment.

This can be done by e-mailing me a scanned copy of your confirmation from your scheme provider, stating that you have passed your annual assessment. I will then check to see if your company is still listed on your scheme providers website.

If all check out alright, I then add the new date and will await YOUR contact with me.

*The onus is on yourselves to inform me of any changes and updates/renewals etc - not for me to chase up you guys. ;)

Failure to do so, will result in the removal of your Scheme provider logo from your posts etc.

I do know that Green Hornet recently contacted admin to remove his NIC logo after he stopped trading.

I would urge all members to take note, the niceic were one of the only scheme providers that had reservations about the use of the logo.

Admin has had to make very stringent checks to make sure that this and all other scheme provider logo's are used by those who are authorised to do so.

Failure to comply is fraud.

Slips,

I sent a copy of my annual assessment "booking" letter, perhaps that would be suitable as shortly after that if you don't acheive your requirements you would be de-registered?

I thought i would post this here, rather than a PM as well as telling people about the checks, i have a question for other NICEIC peeps . Admin are on their toes and PM'D me a few weeks back to remind me my yearly scheme provider cert was running out and i needed proof to keep the logo up. We have since had our yearly visit (and passed with no remarks) and its then i remembered that our enrollment certificate has a start date and NO ex piracy. All we get is a receipt for our cheque. We still only in possession of the enrollment cert of 3 or 4 years ago when our address changed. Any other NIC guys get yearly enrollment certs ?
I agree with whot t'others ave said...

I had a new certificate when they started putting the "UKAS" logo on.....

But generally only get given the visit summary and recommendation sheet with the compliant box ticked, and a signature at the bottom.

:|

Just smile at Admin,

Do what he says.... (except that thing with a sausage, bathroom loofer & the G-string!!!: O)

Don't touch his Twix

Always call his shed a workshop

Never mention the girlie Toolbag

and All's good in my book.....

:Salute :worship:worship:worship:worship:worship

It's all well and good naming and shaming (I wonder if any Joe public will ever read that page!), but what are they going to actually do about it??
Don't they normally prosecute for fraudulent use of Logo's...?

thought that was even easier for them to prove than non compliance with 7671 & part P!

:|

Latest posts