Advice on quote and if Solar is right for me, please

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

scooper72

Reaction score
I am a newbie and would like to know from more knowledgable people if this quote (from a well respected local firm) is respectable and also if the payback at 13 years is realistic/optimistic or pessimistic, please. It's worth mentioning my next company car will be electric. Any other advice or any suggestions are much appreciated. Matt

I have been quoted £13500 for the following install:
Ulica panels x 12 400w (3862kwh/year)
SAJ inverter (3.68kx) (poss upgrade to a p99)
10.24kwh SAJ battery storage

my present usage is 2500 kWh/year an 8 panels will be facing east and 4 south.

Projected payback from the quote is 13 years.

IMHO the inverter is way too small. Switch any two appliances on eg kettle and toaster you will be importing from the grid. Check inverter performance when running on batteries. If youre getting an EV you need more generation, a bigger inverter and an energy diverter and car charger such as EDDI and ZAPPI (they work well together).

Last edited:
I've not seen SAJ kit on the web, the 3.68 may just be the export limitation, which may not be the same as the capability inside the house.

If you have copies of the specs for inverter and battery that would be helpful.

Is this intended to be a DC coupled or AC coupled system?

Shame that's not 8xSouth an 4xEast !

Has the quote they've given you provided estimates for self-consumption from solar and battery and import and export kWh?

Thread locked to prevent being resurrected again (Also OP only made the 1 post, never to be seen again :confused: )

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.