Advice Please On Gsm Autodialer

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

switch10

Supporting Member
Reaction score
hi guys I am after a bit of advice, I have a customer who wants me to install a gsm  autodialer to there fire alarm.  however this is something I haven't done before.  

the autodialer is a pyronix v2 gsm , and this needs connecting to a advanced mx4000  analogue fire alarm panel.

now normally on a conventional system these used to be linked into a sounder circuit which would then detect voltage change and activate the dialer upon alarm condition. but have never done one on a analogue fire alarm system , which is a 4 loop so detection and sounders are on same loop.

im guessing the panel must have a no nc & c in so could this be connected to there? im hoping to get to the premises later this week to see what they have exactly as is a new customer recently carried out works for.

any advice would be greatly appreciated

and this needs connecting to a advanced mx4000  analogue fire alarm panel.
I presume you mean the fire panel is an analogue addressable panel?

If so, chances are it will have no on board "output"

The whole idea of an addressable fire panel is that you can add to it what you want, where you want it (within reason)

So for example if when the alarm sounds you want the building gas valve to close, you add a "module" to the existing line and tell that module to activate in alarm condition only.

The point being you save on labour and material because you don't have to run a dedicated cable from the panel to the gas valve (In this example)

Analogue addressable panels are very clever, but get it wrong...........

Still, it my be a very basic one, but if it has no output, either walk away or sub the job out,

Thanks I'm going to visit the site today and take a look at panel , I haven't done any work on this particular panel but have worked on advanced mx panels and have all software etc for them so will got see what panel has or doesn't have

There are 2 onboard aux relays with common/NO/NC

Relay 1 is defaulted as fault

Relay 2 is fire

Check with a proper test.

Pyronixs dialers are fairly straighforward. All menu driven.

Latest posts