Aerial booster on lighting circuit

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue Fox

Reaction score
Hello all,

Got a job to wire in the power for an aerial booster (I don't know any details on it at all) I know people who have them wired off there lighting circuits, is it ok to connect this to the lighting citcuit. It would make my life a lot easier as getting ring main up there is going to be a right pain. If it is ok, is it best to cut plug off booster and wire directly into FCU so socket can't be used for anything else?

Not done one of these before so a little unsure and expect I may get a few over the next 18 months as we are in a low signal area and the switch over is coming.

Thanks

Yes, put a 3A fuse in the switched spur & if possible a note on or near the CU. If I had a pound for every time I've chased round for a phantom short on a lighting circuit caused by a TV booster in the loft when doing a periodic inspection I'd have 3 or 4 quid by now!

Oh yeah, make sure you're cutting into a permanant supply & not a switch wire for the booster supply (I've known it happen...)

Oh yeah, make sure you're cutting into a permanant supply & not a switch wire for the booster supply (I've known it happen...)
Is that meant to read "I've done that before"?? :p

Just take the fuse out of the plug you cut off to put in the fcu.

Latest posts