All Our Yesterdays.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ashley ceiling roses with separate Halo...designed to cover the hole left by the old wooden patress

Ivory accessories as well as white ones

Nettle vertical cooker switches with a socket at the bottom....i think someone has started remakingbthem

Perforated copper tape earth clamps

Cast conduit boxes that you could smash with a careful hammer blow

4BA and 2BA

Wooden 2 ' and 3' rules
oh yes,

got a load of them a while back to fit,

dunno who made them, but really carp this time around.

I remember adaptors. 15A round pin plug with three 13A square pin sockets.

Then of course the "plugs" that allowed you to plug stuff like radios a wireless into a BC light socket. Complete with a 2 way adaptor so you could still plug a lamp in.

Sat for hours on site making up lighting pendants....always Ashley.

I have never used an MK lampholder or ceiling rose in my life!!

Candles instead of torches, dripping a bit of wax down the side so it would stick to the wall

Making a string line from green sleeving and board finish

Fishing down cavities

Padsawing backboxes into skirting boards...holding box in with a 1" lath nail in each corner

Proper Rock on TV, Prog Rock, Rick Wakeman, the Who, Slade, Sabbath, Deep,Purple, Steppenwolf, and who can ever forget Grand Funk Railroad?.......just me on that one then

ELP, Free, Led Zep, Cream, Canned Heat, T-rex ( sorry), Northern Soul, Gary Glitter ( YES I know he is not allowed out nowadays, but in his day.....)

Afghan Coats

Bib ,n, brace

Ball pein hammers...nobody seems to use them now

Just reminiscing and watching Led Zep on You tube streamed to the BFO TV whilst First Wife watchers Big Brother or some such shite

Then of course the "plugs" that allowed you to plug stuff like radios a wireless into a BC light socket. Complete with a 2 way adaptor so you could still plug a lamp in.

One of these? l1.jpg This one is still sitting by my left foot.

CUs that didn't spontaneously combust
Ah, by that veiled comment I assume you mean those times when

Products were quality not shite

Qualification was earned and not bought

Training was training

Connections were made tight by a bloke who knew what he was doing....NOT by a driver clicking

The Scams protected and acted for the MEMBERS and not as a "Charrrriddddddddy" lining their own pockets

The scams answered questions instead of palming stuff off

Trumpton did not make the rules

Contractors were a bit .frightened.of the Annual assessment

Contractors were scared of the man from the 'Board' who came to connect the meter

Engineers were Engineers not jumped up TWONKS

Wannabe sparks had to study with books and write stuff down instead of googling it AND believe it is right

Wholesalers sold to trade only and NOBODY else

If you asked a question of another spark at the trade counter you had a good chance he would help you...instead of standing their with his tool belt on weighing him down with Forge Steel tools.....WTF can drive wearing a loaded tool belt

Barisster wore a wig and dry reamed you...instead of serving overpriced coffee

Just saying

And a once proud and trusted trade had not been fecked over by anyone who fancied a bit.......EDIT....OF YOU AND YOUR HARD EARNED CASH...end of edit

Edit for clarity .....there again if RR rocked up,in that little red number she was almost wearing the other night then....BRING IT ON

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts