All Ways Having To Pay Out

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M107

Billy-the-Kid
Reaction score
Well the van set me back the best part of £500........

Tyres

Brakes

Track rod arms

Service.

I dream for just one month where I don't have to pay out......

On the topic of vans anyone had a Vivaro with a lack of power? Mine has been doing it for months. it feels like its got asthma!! pulls really carp until 2100rpm then will never go above 4100rpm at standstill (to be honest I don't know if it ever did it maybe restricted ex 54 plate Sky van) when running on load at about 3600rpm it starts pulsing. Mechanic tried reading codes and only one to do with heater plugs, on the really cold mornings in March after half a mile the heater plug light would pop on for 10sec then go. The EGR valve was cleaned the MAS was swapped and none of these have done the trick, it does run a bit better with the MAS unplugged but will not start from cold if its left unplugged.

Its got to the stage where it may have to go to the thieves at Vauxhall to see if their machine can pick any other codes up!

IF it is under WOT i.e. max accel, then some diesel engines fire up the glow plugs to add performance under full load / WOT conditions.

i wish i could get all that done for £500. 4 tyres alone comes to almost that

although i do everything myself so its only really materials cost
Joy of having a relative who has a tyre fitting company is cheap tyres :innocent

Ian932 i had a similar problem on a hdi expert. Mechanic saif duff turbo.... 700 later and problem still there. Turned out to be back box on exhaust blocked as when it blew off due to excess pressure full power was restored. Hth.

Ian932 i had a similar problem on a hdi expert. Mechanic saif duff turbo.... 700 later and problem still there. Turned out to be back box on exhaust blocked as when it blew off due to excess pressure full power was restored. Hth.

Do you know what my mate borrowed his works £5K diagnostic box and we found no fault codes on the ECU the other day, he then rang today saying it could be a collapsed baffle in one of the boxes. The ECU monitors everything on the fuel air and some of the exhaust flow around the EGR but beyond that it does not give a stuff, which is why there were no codes popping up.

We had the turbo pipe off and loads of pressure so we didn’t suspect that, next job is to see if there is somewhere easy to undue the exhaust and let it free flow to see if it goes better.

My old works van a 57 plate Vivaro had an intresting fault where you could be stopped at the lights waiting to go then when you wanted to move nothing happend unless you revved the balls out of it then it would creep forward slowly until it got going a bit.

Also had the problem with it loosing power occasionaly.

Like i always say i loved driving the Vivaro much nicer in the cab than a Transit but i would not like to own one with all the known problems.