AM2 EXAM HELP

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benj2012

Reaction score
Hello, got my am2 soon and was just wondering if anyone who's completed it recently has any tips of what to revise and what the main hiccups are? Cheers  :signthankspin:

Doesn't look very promising Benj , surely someone must have  taken  that  exam recently ,  personally I don't have a clue I'm afraid .    No idea what AM2 is .

I can only suggest going over your course work & mugging up on the stuff you're unsure of.

Someone will be able to help ....................................eventually!

Last edited by a moderator:
I did mine in 2012, it was pretty straightforward. Do the pre-am2 day if the centre does one. It was invaluable for me as it showed little things like the cable tie on data point  - you would fail if you didn't put it on.

Never done it.  Only an NVQ3 was required for the practice side of things.  I always thought the AM2 was a waste of time.

Fail on a Data point for missing a cable tie!

FFS....i would like to see the completed connection....and whether it complied with any standard!

i will warrant and wager a slap up pie supper at Mrs Miggins emporia of pastry that the answer is in the negative
Talking of pies, Tony Cable might know the answer, but would he need a tie to get into Mrs Miggins's?

Sorry I can't help as it was 27 years ago since I did my AM2, so I'm guessing things have changed since then. Good luck with it though and I hope you pass.

Anyone like to enlighten us on what the AM2  is ? 

And why is someone worrying about a cable tie on a data socket  .................Jeeeeeezzzzzzzz !!!!!!!!!!  
134.1.1 taking account of manufacturers instructions and possibly 526.9.3 if fine wires are tinned with solder.

Damn cheeky these Tyne Trotters :innocent   you know ..... marching down from Jarrow ...stopping all the traffic .... eatin' all the bloaters when the boot cums in .......you're not getting any younger you know ....yer nay a bairn no more , canny lad ;)

Let's just say my pocket money came 12 pennies to the shilling, I grew in inches not centimetres and liquids were always measured in pints not litres!