AM2 here we come

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

callumf

Reaction score
Hello,

I am starting my AM 2 test next Monday 4/07 , I have read through the guides on the forum which were a great help but i am also wondering if there are any websites with more info on them about the test? I am pretty sure I am ready for the test but as it says in the guides on here fail to prepare = prepare to fail (or something along them lines) anyway any pointers to websites or books/vidos etc would be greatly appreciated.

Also one quick question, if I was to check my IR on the whole board to save time from doing each circuit seperatley what result would I record on the test sheets for each circuit ? ie. normally it would be >299 or similar per circuit but if the whole installation has say an IR of say 3Megohms then do I record that as the result for each circuit?

Cheers

with an IR that low then you would want to start testing individual circuits to find the low reading one/s.

on a normal PIR if I do a global IR and get a reading under 50 then I start splitting it up to find why.

if any reading is under 10 then I will try to determine why, or at what point.

HTH.

thanks for the advice, I think I will ask the assesor before i start if he has any objections to me doing a 'global' IR test.

Latest posts