Anyone else had this dilema before ?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The brutal reality is that so many service heads aren't sealed, so why all the fuss over an isolator, downstream of the meter .................. talk about have the wrong priorites.................

As an after thought ..... you may have heard me complain about the meter tails we are supplied with these days ...the copper is so hard it must  be an alloy with tungsten steel  .    The box terminals  can't grip the stuff properly ...the old , soft copper stuff used to spread as you tighten and remain tight ..... this stuff ,  connecting the other end loosens the first one , you have to return to all the  terminals  900 times . 

As an after thought ..... you may have heard me complain about the meter tails we are supplied with these days ...the copper is so hard it must  be an alloy with tungsten steel  .    The box terminals  can't grip the stuff properly ...the old , soft copper stuff used to spread as you tighten and remain tight ..... this stuff ,  connecting the other end loosens the first one , you have to return to all the  terminals  900 times . 

use a torque screwdriver and it will be fine

The brutal reality is that so many service heads aren't sealed, so why all the fuss over an isolator, downstream of the meter .................. talk about have the wrong priorites.................
It obviously hasn't been addressed properly ....if there is a sub-main  over 3 mtrs   they should know that we have to fit a sw/fuse  ....they could forgo their REC2  and seal the sw/fuse    ( If it had sealable screws)

use a torque screwdriver and it will be fine
Shouldn't you have added the "Tongue in cheek " Smiley face  to that comment Andy ??  

I think we tried one of those once ....cable virtually dropped out on it's own . 

Well if you read this from EC and all her little Gimps

0000000620.pdf
0000000620.pdf

Then note 6 says that the tails out of the meter are the consumers responsibility, so what the flip has it got to do with the DNO sealing something that EMMA ( praise be upon her) says is not theirs?

just saying

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts