Applying for JIB Card. Need to provide "EMPLOYER'S OR SPONSOR ENDORSEMENT AND RECOMMENDATION"

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

russ9898

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Im currently filling in an application for my JIB card. As part of this i need to provide a reference of some description. Now i cant see my boss going to the trouble of writing this for me. I will have to type it up myself and get him to sign it after.

On the application for it says the following -

"I have enclosed a detailed reference from my employer/sponsor confirming my training, experience, duties and responsibilties"

I was just wondering how you guys who have applied laid out your reference. Did you write it as a letter or just bullet point your experience etc and get your boss to sign it?

Thanks,

Russ

No, my company (whilst employs 80 electricians) isnt jib registered so

I want to register myself to make it easier to get a new job if the time arrises. :)

How about registering with them on their " Electrotechnical Certification Scheme"

I can post some bumphf later if you want to try that. Although I'm self employed I still maintain their Grade card ,with photo.