Jib Sparks Need Apply Lol

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gavindrummond

Reaction score
Hi guys long time no see.

I have a favour to ask?

I've recently been on jobs for jib electricians on Facebook recently and asked them a question thinking I would get help but it turned out to be nothing but a gateway to being ridiculed and called all sorts ie 3 week wonder, self chancer, and the like.

Circumstances are these- I'm currently self employed working for agencies as a mate/improver if there is such a thing.

My boss got me to have containment plans and wiring plans to carry out on the biggest part of a food shopping place. I won't mention any names. My mate who is fully qualified and been time served for more than 20yrs was on holiday for a week. So I took it and said ok I will try.

I continued doing the lighting with power and dali's for dimming and 6 cord for sensors. Pir's.

My mate came back and we carried on but he left to go to another job abroad so then my boss left this with me to complete. I did so and finished it he then went on to give me more and more. Now the problem I have is this! I know I should not be doing this unsupervised as I'm not fully qualified yet almost there but not yet. So it got me thinking, what level am I really with the certs and experience I have gained and am I being paid right, so I decided to ask these guys on there for advise? Well if I did I got a load of comments and abuse from them if your not jib your no body. I honestly for the first time felt completely be littled and been really down all night over this. I'm not going to give up my ambition tho just got me really down about it

Mate forget about that FB group, they were so far up their jacksies it was unreal - I bet that they havent even heard of the ECS card Scheme. Personally I would ride this job out the best you can, sign NOTHING for certs, Design, Installation or testing. If you get asked to do this for another firm in the future, decline it until you have all your qualifications sorted. If you need to chat mate, I am on FB for you.

Andy Guinness

When I went to college the tutors would say JIB approved approved by who? Quite honestly I think you can live without being JIB registered. I have managed for 14 years without it. The only thing you need to be is competent in what you do. If your boss is asking you to do more than you are happy with don't do it just talk to him.

RIGHT,

GET ME A LINK FOR THESE MUPPETS,

yes, i am shouting

F'in jib KNOBS THAT ARE SO F'in THICK THEY DONT EVEN KNOW THEY ARE BEING TAKEN UP THEIR JACKSIES

:shakehead

Standard procedure for electrical companies to leave apprentice in charge on apprentice wages while charging client full whack.

The bosses need to earn there extra money for flash cars and mistresses.

Wow i found the page what a bunch of utter scum bags, you have a shiney gold card?? whoopy doo! now you and your little boys club get back in the corner and keep paying the JIB to do well very little! JIB sparks have been some of the roughest ive had the misfortune to come across some think a little card makes them bulletproof

I had a JIB card just after completing 5WW courses, load of cobblers, they only look at your qualifications not competence.
A gold electrician one with no nvq or experience? 

I have no idea why they come in for so much crap, its not a perfect system but it can serve a purpose.  

Probably  getting a bit mixed up here as mr merlot has been visiting but, as I understand it.....you can only call yourself/ advertise yourself/ have it on your business card.  IF.  You are JIB Graded AND are working for a JIB reg company.

I am self employed,  I was Graded as a JIB Technician about 30 years ago ( I think!)

I however cannot advertise this fact as i am no longer employed by a JIB registered company.

as i say, Mr Merlot has been around so i could be talking bollocks

Eh, theres some right errrr...characters on that page eh? are you gonna fire some f*cks into em Steps? Id like to see that :)
I have NO idea where it is,

and I go onto facespace about once every  months after the wife has gave me grief for a month to look at a link she has sent me.......

I'll have a look over the weekend.

will keep you posted.!

Latest posts