Are we really cheapening ourselves THAT much?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This has reminded me of a  question I posed  some years ago ,   I'll try it again . 

Including myself  I never met anyone who has actually SEEN  a Mickey Mouse cartoon .    Everyone 's heard of him .   Bugs Bunny ,  Road Runner Tom & Jerry  yes ....the most famous one in the world ...no . 
Me!

Fantasia

Steam Boat Willy......tricky one this

How can the NICEIC recommend a maximum test rate of 40 circuits per day?

For an 8 hour day that works out at 12 minutes per circuit max.

Like to see somebody do that ...... All day

They are undermining the quality of the testing and the value of the reports....

Just saying

For me a 10 way board is a working day ... Or else it's not worth doing
Sorry I ment 30 not 40.

Both NICEIC AND IET reccomend a max of 30 a day... 

Well the thing is, what are they expecting for this 16mins test? 

If they just want you to verify that there is a passable Zs then 16mins is plenty, however if they want a belt and braces test of integrity then 16mins may be no where near enough time. 

The other downside to this broadcasting of number of circuits per day malarkey is that unscrupulous ‘testing’ companies spring up and expect the same number of circuits tested per day without giving any consideration to traveling time between all the circuits, most domestic properties may have between 6-10 circuits so that’s at best 4 different properties to attend, familiarise yourself with, explain to customer etc etc. Is it any wonder why the good sparks are hammered when they’re having to compete not only against the unscrupulous but also those that are there to support us????? 

Well the thing is, what are they expecting for this 16mins test? 

If they just want you to verify that there is a passable Zs then 16mins is plenty, however if they want a belt and braces test of integrity then 16mins may be no where near enough time. 

The other downside to this broadcasting of number of circuits per day malarkey is that unscrupulous ‘testing’ companies spring up and expect the same number of circuits tested per day without giving any consideration to traveling time between all the circuits, most domestic properties may have between 6-10 circuits so that’s at best 4 different properties to attend, familiarise yourself with, explain to customer etc etc. Is it any wonder why the good sparks are hammered when they’re having to compete not only against the unscrupulous but also those that are there to support us????? 

And when its a DIY paradise of changes it can easily take 1 hour to determine what circuits do what..... and this is just a house!

30 circuits per day is so misleading .........................................

I agree I know a company who had all the council houses to test in Dumfries and Galloway.  They were paying testers £42 at the top per house . Pure joke. But hey they did cover the digs. I heard that 1 guy took 15min to complete a test. Yup 15 min 

I agree I know a company who had all the council houses to test in Dumfries and Galloway.  They were paying testers £42 at the top per house . Pure joke. But hey they did cover the digs. I heard that 1 guy took 15min to complete a test. Yup 15 min 

BUT.....

Can you answer Murdoch's question to your statement....

Both NICEIC AND IET recomend  a max of 30 a day...

Please provide a link for this claim ...

:C

Latest posts