Are you busy?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last year I was so busy I turned down a load of work or gave it away to other sparkies.

Then this year started very slowly and I decided never to refuse any work.

Now I am so busy its hectic, and some are to strict deadlines.

I am working all weekend to finish a school rewire, I have to hand over on tuesday!!

After that I have a social hall, a factory, a confirmed domestic and an Hotel refurb.

Thats besides the quotes I have put in to various places, and the various faults I do on call out etc.

So for me its busy busy busy.

Paperwork and all that I am completely rubbish at, so I leave that to some one else.

Busy enough for me although i always want more, and it seems to be getting busier, trouble is everyone wants it done that day and doesn't want to pay for a decent job.

I'm not particularly busy, keeping my head above water - just but seem to have way too many days with nothing on. Hoping to get a couple of decent commercial jobs in soon but I seem to be losing out on a lot of domestic work at the mo.

Busy enough for me although i always want more, and it seems to be getting busier, trouble is everyone wants it done that day and doesn't want to pay for a decent job.
This is always the problem in the domestic field, people have no patinece anymore. I've just had 2 weeks off, and 2 customers called to cancel jobs I had planned for next week. Its a real pain.

I've had nothing for the last 6 weeks - which I'm not moaning about as the kids have been on summer break, but have started worrying that the phone will never ring when I get 2 calls in one day!!!

Hope things continue this way as my youngest starts school next week so will have lots more time to spare.

I've had nothing for the last 6 weeks - which I'm not moaning about as the kids have been on summer break, but have started worrying that the phone will never ring when I get 2 calls in one day!!!Hope things continue this way as my youngest starts school next week so will have lots more time to spare.
Hello Avin...

you been quiet for a while on the ole posts?

:D

good to see you back :)Applaud Smiley

Hello Avin...you been quiet for a while on the ole posts?

:D

good to see you back :)Applaud Smiley
Hey SL

Mmm - things been a bit hectic at home what with the ceiling falling down and the insurance taking nearly 7 weeks to sort it out :eek: .

Good to be back! I'm sure some of my questions will be flying about once I start a few jobs :D

I've had nothing for the last 6 weeks - which I'm not moaning about as the kids have been on summer break, but have started worrying that the phone will never ring when I get 2 calls in one day!!!Hope things continue this way as my youngest starts school next week so will have lots more time to spare.
lookin that way for me, work seems to have just stopped competely now "again". fingers crossed it will pick up soon, into my 3rd week now with nothing, i have a few jobs in the pipeline but im starting to wonder if i still even have them.

Work will come in when i am down to my last penny like normal.....il never bloody save :|

Doing ok at the moment. Customers are taking longer to pay up though, so I've lowered my "payment due by" time on invoices.Customers are also learning the art of haggling so I found today (a rough quote of a letter I had through the door, my missus was so gobsmacked she rang & read it to me)

"Thank you for your quote ref ***. We are willing & would very much like to use your services to undertake the quoted electrical works, but we do have some concerns over your labour rate/charge for said works.

Labour

hi

i work at a local college and do the odd private training gig.

i have been quiet for the last couple of months so got a bit of work on the tools again.

how the mighty fallGuiness Drink

Latest posts