Australia

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was in NZ from 96-01

Same system as Aus. Radial circuits instead of rings, Lighting ccts looped round the switches with a single feed going up to the light fitting. Never ever break the neutral. Neutral and Earth bars joined in the DB and a separate earth rod (6') knocked in the ground outside. Electricians run the mains to the roadside and install the meter wiring etc but not the meters, in NZ they even have a facility for the supplier to turn off everyones immersion heater remotely to save power if theres a peak in demand.

I had to show my credentials and then sit a regs exam and do a stage 3 practical before I could be registered and get a practising licence. Then you have to do a safety refresher every 2 years.

The first house I 2nd fixed, I put all the sockets on upside down as I was so used to the earth pin being at the top!

All the best in your new ventures and keep in touch.

James

Thanks James. Looking forward to the adventure. Last piece of documentation has been sent to DIAC! Shouldn't be long to go...

Chris are you going employer sponsored ?????, I have just had a job offer ( with sponsor ) and just bot a bid on the house today.

Luca

Hey Chris

All the best as I wish I could go,show them how good you are.

Best from the

Bassman

Thank you for all the best wishes guys. Visa was approved on Tuesday. Flying out on Thursday morning (29/10) business class no less! Girlfriend's company is paying so I convinced her that this will probably be this lucky to experience flying in this manner!

Got a great leaving party planned for tonight (going as Mick Dundee). Gotta get things cancelled and tools 'down under'.

Will keep you updated to what it's like and job opportunities for anyone who is interested.

Guiness Drink:YB-)

Thank you for all the best wishes guys. Visa was approved on Tuesday. Flying out on Thursday morning (29/10) business class no less! Girlfriend's company is paying so I convinced her that this will probably be this lucky to experience flying in this manner!Got a great leaving party planned for tonight (going as Mick Dundee). Gotta get things cancelled and tools 'down under'.

Will keep you updated to what it's like and job opportunities for anyone who is interested.

Best of Luck Chris, from Don & His Boys.

The Godfather

Thank you for all the best wishes guys. Visa was approved on Tuesday. Flying out on Thursday morning (29/10) business class no less! Girlfriend's company is paying so I convinced her that this will probably be this lucky to experience flying in this manner!Got a great leaving party planned for tonight (going as Mick Dundee). Gotta get things cancelled and tools 'down under'.

good luck. keep us updated with how its going

Thanks for keeping us informed Chris.

I wish you the very best of luck in your new life and venture Downunder.

Don't forget where we are and to keep popping on. (When you get settled).

If I had known earlier - I would have posted you a nice forum sticker to put on your new Van in Oz.

I could always post one to you - direct in Oz - if you want one there. :p

Best Wishes,

Admin.

Nice one Chris, it sounds like you have a really exciting few months coming up. getting yourself sorted in a new country. Best wishes, hope it all goes according to plan.

Doc H.

Oz is brillaint though got to say :) i loved my 3 weeks and a bit.

ive got some amazing pics from my trip....

was v lucky while we was there... got to see "vivid sydney"

Never saw Oz except when flying over it to get to NZ......... In New Zealand there are 3 islands the North island, South island and the Western Island... (so they say)
Theres where we will be off to next, but this time think were having a week in singapore as that place looks amazing.

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

Just a couple :)

Was it what you expected? The operahouse when we first saw it, i was expecting something "different" just wasnt how i imagined it.

Plus it lucked dirty

them pictures are for only 1 week they had, called "vivyd sydney" was an event they had on.

heres a selection of some of my 1500 pics andy :)

link removed

btw the flash image gallery is in testing at minute so no picking faults ROTFWL

Latest posts