B&Q doing energy saving bayonet lamps for 10p

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue Fox

Reaction score
As the title really, went to B&Q and they were doing energy saving lamps bayonet fitting 11w for 10p, maybe worth people stocking up.

As the title really, went to B&Q and they were doing energy saving lamps bayonet fitting 11w for 10p, maybe worth people stocking up.
Just a thought - I reckon you could break the light off these and access the plug in part. With a couple of sockets from Maplins and a bit of auto filler you could make up a test jig for Zs at lighting point. Must give it a try!

I think they have shot themselves in the foot with those lamps (the makers I mean) . They last that long they can't seem to give 'em away. British Gas gave away a load.

Theres a box of 'em in my office , sick of the sight of 'em.

I dont quite understand how these fittings can read R1+R2 and Zs because they only make contact with live and neutral or am i just being
default_equal%20to%20more%20than.gif
THICK?

I dont quite understand how these fittings can read R1+R2 and Zs because they only make contact with live and neutral or am i just being
default_equal%20to%20more%20than.gif
THICK?
You have to stick your earth cable on the metal fitting or earth connection to do your tests but they are one of the best things to use on lighting if you do a lot of testing.

You have to stick your earth cable on the metal fitting or earth connection to do your tests but they are one of the best things to use on lighting if you do a lot of testing.
Ahh i see thanks batty. ;)

Use them all the time on metal fittings, save taking them appart. On a ceiling rose though, I'll still unscrew and test from the conections inside

Just a thought - I reckon you could break the light off these and access the plug in part. With a couple of sockets from Maplins and a bit of auto filler you could make up a test jig for Zs at lighting point. Must give it a try!
Thats a good idea I may have a go at that, if anyone else does in the mean time can they post some pictures on here.