BDC in administration

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HONEYMON57ER

Reaction score
Hi Gang,

Just for info, BDC went into administration yesterday but there is

a chance of a management buyout. Quite big news in the wholesale

industry and maybe a sign of things to come for some bigger wholesalers

Hi Gang,Just for info, BDC went into administration yesterday but there is

a chance of a management buyout. Quite big news in the wholesale

industry and maybe a sign of things to come for some bigger wholesalers
Are you talking about a BDC division or the BRIDISCO group ?

No stock I would think was there problem. I have had an account for about six years there prices have gone up and up and with no stock its a slippery slope.

Batty

BDC Trade Centres - the UK's largest electrical wholesaler.
where?

in south?

never heard of them,

and thats a lot of ground I have covered in past lot of years, including working in London.

I dont think they even exist in the North.

TBH I think CEF in all its guises (I know they are a rip off!) would far and away outstrip any other UK wholesaler as being the biggest,

thay are pretty much worldwide, even if it is a bit of a hassle to get an IOM account verified in Kiwiland it still gets done and business as usual. they are good that way. :D

where?in south?

never heard of them,

and thats a lot of ground I have covered in past lot of years, including working in London.

I dont think they even exist in the North.

TBH I think CEF in all its guises (I know they are a rip off!) would far and away outstrip any other UK wholesaler as being the biggest,

thay are pretty much worldwide, even if it is a bit of a hassle to get an IOM account verified in Kiwiland it still gets done and business as usual. they are good that way. :D
I just googled BDC and thats what it came up with.

BDC supply electrical items like TV'S washing machines etc but also electrical contracting gear. They have been about since the sixtees. There own brands are powerlectric and micromark. It probably will not effect us in the electrical trade but if a company that has been about for forty years is in problems how many more firms are going to go. If people are being made redundant it has got to effect everybody.

Batty

we've got one of the BDC trade counters in Reading, only used them once & found them over priced & less than helpfull staff.

might drop in on Monday see if theres any give away offers on.

My daughters boyfriend works for them, and is back to work today as somebody is buying them out apparently.

Hello All

Yes BDC have gone into administration also known as Fosters or Bridisco, their last year accounts 2007 stated T/O

Fosters in Nottingham have been rubbish for years. Half of the wholesalers use them because they have to, they are to convenient to ignore, but the service has always been outstandingly poor. Head office dictates like

I used to work for them. Arrogant people who wanted to supply everybody (contactors, wholesalers & retailers etc.) & thought that everybody had a god-given right to buy from them. Bottom line was their infrastructure was next best to useless & they never had the right stock in the right place at the right time. Customers just walked away in droves as they weren't reliable.

I used to work for them. Arrogant people who wanted to supply everybody (contactors, wholesalers & retailers etc.) & thought that everybody had a god-given right to buy from them. Bottom line was their infrastructure was next best to useless & they never had the right stock in the right place at the right time. Customers just walked away in droves as they weren't reliable.
Hence why they have gone into adminstration

my daughters boy friend works for them and has been told that they will be told what is happening in two weeks time.

Most of the staff & sites have gone. Only a few left to tidy up loose ends & clear stocks. Any chance of refinancing went last Friday when somebody pulled the plug on them. Lot of money there as head office is worth c.

Status
Not open for further replies.