Becoming a registered solar pv and battery installer

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reece0121

Reaction score
So I am currently an electrician with CPS through napit, I wish to become MCS registered as I have been installing solar and batteries for some time now so I can do it for myself. Aswell as MCS registration, CPS and RECC. what else do I need to achieve this? any useful tools will help if you currently do this too! thanks

So I am currently an electrician with CPS through napit, I wish to become MCS registered as I have been installing solar and batteries for some time now so I can do it for myself. Aswell as MCS registration, CPS and RECC. what else do I need to achieve this? any useful tools will help if you currently do this too! thanks
HIES or similar third party warranties and I would recommend you get a paperwork software package like Paperclip, if that still exists. Hope you have deep pockets as it's expensive and time consuming to run. I reckoned it was costing me around £3k a year, hence I ditched it about 6 years ago when they got rid of the FiT scheme. Have to say though, there's some great margins in the work these days.

I would recommend getting someone to do the paperwork for you ie an admin, part time, should cover it.

Latest posts