Big Green Book

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well, Ive shoved £1.90 into that slot on my router, let me know when you get it, dont worry about the 5p , Im generous like that,  :D
Why didnt someone tell me about this I have been wasting my time with paypal! Do you know where the slot is on a superhub thingy? 

So why are we still paying for Assement every year, the EAS standard first stated that Risk based assesment up to every 3 years could be used in 2009, but DCLG refused to allow it! Why?

June 2012 Risk based assesment was approved by DCLG and in the EAS document.

Since then the Schemes have been discussing it, why, because Assesment is highley profitable.

If you paid extra for joining, previously know as First assesment fee, how many people got a second assesment in the first year?

Assesment fee x 53,000 members = kerching....... £10M.

Why do the Schemes only assess you after you have paid your money? what happens if you fail.

I will let you answer that one.

Last edited by a moderator:
You pay for the assessment, it does not matter if you pass or fail, its like the driving test you pay up front not when you pass. The risk based assessments and the relaxation of the rules were discussed but the recent consultation process found some fundemental faults and problems with the whole process. This is why the new registers have been formulated, in an attempt to provide some confidence in our trade and association with a scheme member. However that is another topic and would take far more discussion.