Breakdown Cover

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jono Pashley

Reaction score
Who has it?

With whom?

How do you rate them?

Need to take some out as the one callout i get free with my van insurance has now been used.

well they are at 'home', just not in your home

i have recovery on my 'toy' (more for when its broken and not an easy repair), but for not for anything else. rarely get anything break down, and when it does, i fix it myself anyway

Last edited by a moderator:
I have rac recovery through my nfu insurance policy. Used them a bit recently, been very good.

Although the commercial cover doesn't cover breakdowns within a mile of home. I had to breakdown on the way home last week.

I'm with Green Flag(I think)through my insurance...

Didn't have it for years......broke down on the motorway which cost a packet by the end of the night......had it ever since but not used it as yet(famous last words)......will report if I ever do!!!

was with AA for about 5 years. Every year I get a letter sayiing they will be taking £140 for roadside and recovery. I phone them and ask why I am being charged twice what a new customer would pay and they reduce it somewhat. This year, they sent me a letter telling me I was now a gold member. However still wanted over £140 so told them to shove it and renewed my insurance with churchill and green flag was included free. Another £28 and recovery was added. Seems good to me

Last edited by a moderator:
Whilst at Uni all three of our offspring were part of a secret government funded covert experiment. They do not talk about it very much but, from what I can glean from reading between the lines, they were tasked with trying to get petrol and sometimes diesel engines to run without any coolant OR engine oil.

A few tricks and tips were picked up from their mother,....they almost succeeded on more than 3 occasions. Never quite managed it though

Just....being recovered back from all over the country

I 'think' I get 6 'free' with my bank account, not on the business account though, on the personal one.

would need to check though, I did get 6 free with my last account, and theyve told me this one is the same.

Whilst at Uni all three of our offspring were part of a secret government funded covert experiment. They do not talk about it very much but, from what I can glean from reading between the lines, they were tasked with trying to get petrol and sometimes diesel engines to run without any coolant OR engine oil.
A few tricks and tips were picked up from their mother,....they almost succeeded on more than 3 occasions. Never quite managed it though

I think my wife is part of that agency,

I have yet to get into her car when the fuel light isnt flashing,

she called out recovery once when she was parked less than 10m from a filling station,  :eek:

when the guy arrived and she got out of the car she realised and felt like ****, this was about a mile and a bit from our house on a road she uses every day of the week,

my how I laughed when she let it slip,  :slap

yes, thats metres, not miles,,,,,,,,

Got in the wife's car once. Ran out of petrol in the driveway.....approx 20 m long

We live 150 m from a filling station

She has 1 gallon of diesel in a container in the boot

Go,figure.........

:slap

Im sure your wife is related to mine in some weird deliverance way,,,,,,,,,,

Come on guys, follow woman's logic will you, it's not there for when they are near to home but for when they're away from home!!

For that one time you've borrowed the vehicle and didn't put any fuel in!

Latest posts