Whats the strangest place you had a tingle - electric that is

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a complete lot of bollocks that is.. So if you are a car mechanic you are obliged by law to go around pumping up peoples tyres and if you see a car with a fault you either have to rectify it or tell the owner..
This is our selfish Woke World today is it. See a tyre with a slash in the side of it, dont tell the owner, let him have a blowout on the motorway

Trained tradesmen electricians I believe are taught responsible commitment as well as the legal implications of BS7671. Cowboys, of course, dont give a monkeys.

Anyone had any dealings with chkertrade?

What a complete lot of bollocks that is.. So if you are a car mechanic you are obliged by law to go around pumping up peoples tyres and if you see a car with a fault you either have to rectify it or tell the owner..

Yeah, sure..
Tell that to the gas fitters after they service a gas boiler and the next day the there is an explosion, who do you think gets prosecuted.? NOT bollocks

This came from the fiscals office ( Scotland ) ,
as an electrician if you come across anything unsafe and you fail to do something to avert the danger to others and someone does get hurt, and as you are the “expert” and you failed to at least inform someone then you are liable to prosecution. This is even more critical if you are working on the premises.
Then again there are some so called electricians with no conscience who only think about the money and chose a)

Unless you have been requested and agreed to undertake some work for a customer...
(i.e. there is a written or verbal contract for some agreed works)..
You have ZERO liability for anything you happen to see or may consider potentially dangerous to any third party..

It is ONLY critical if you are working on the premises..

This is why electrical certificates and reports have boxes detailing the work undertaken and/or any extent or limitations relating to that work...

You are responsible for all circuits associated with any work you have undertaken.. But NOT any circuits you have not worked on...

Obviously the condition of the supply intake, earthing and bonding will have been verified prior to undertaking any alterations temporary or permanent.. as per 132.16..

Tell that to the gas fitters after they service a gas boiler and the next day the there is an explosion, who do you think gets prosecuted.? NOT bollocks

Obviously someone who has serviced a boiler has liabilities....

BUT your previous post suggested a Gas fitter who has not been requested to undertake any work...
Just happened to be visiting.. (maybe a friends house for dinner, or collecting some garden furniture from someone off e-bay)..
would be liable if they noticed something dubious about the installation!!

Which is complete Tosh or Bo--o-k- as per Apprentice87's evaluation!

Ok one point at a time ok is it??

1, Someone that services a boiler is bound by contract to the person they are servicing it for. They owe them a duty of care..

2, I am a welder and hold formal qualifications in welding inspection and quality control. Does that mean that on going to a fair ground, that i have to inspect the welding and crack detect the rides?? Obviously not. It would be trespass to property for one thing.

3, If on finding a fault the boiler servicer tells the owner/operator of the boiler that the boiler is not safe to use, can they forcibly prevent such use?? That would also be a no..

4, If the boiler subsequently explodes, in what shape or form is the servicer liable?? They are not.

5, They are no more empowered to turn off someones gas, than an electrician can disconnect the supply.

6, Are you suggesting that as i possess very considerable knowledge in the area of motor vehicle technology that i am morally bound, nay, legally obliged to go around immobilising the neighbours cars if i deem them unroadworthy??

7, If i FAIL to immobilise the neighbours cars, does that mean that i am liable in the event they crash??

How do you dream this stuff up...

john..

Mine is not in a building but wiring an 1969 auto for ham radio with an amplifier. Long drop cord from the house so I could use electrical tools to drill through the firewall to run coax. It was also a drizzling day. I came out from lunch and grab the door handle, the drop cord had a nick in it and was damp and I received a tingle when I grabbed that handle.

We (a friend was helping) dried the wire and wrapped the nicked area before trying that again.

Latest posts