C&G 206 Practical Exam COMPLETED (Level 2) - Paperwork (With Pictures)...

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have mine that I successfully completed this morning with a distinction..I'll try and put them up..

https://picasaweb.google.com/ebow72/BayInADay?authkey=Gv1sRgCPix7syW7_-buAE#

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 16:39 ---------- Previous post was made at 16:34 ----------

This is what I have had to do as prep work so far.

Complete and submit part of the circuit diagram. I chose the lighting circuit. You have to draw Live at top of page and neutral at the bottom, between the L&N draw the circuit.

Complete and submit a materials list from the layout drawing given, cable runs are allowed to be estimated.

Submit a tools and Equipment list as if you where attending a proper job.

Identify Health and Safety equipment and potential hazards.

Cable Calcs

Monday I did the following:

Sub Main (in conduit)

2 way and intermediate lighting with junction box (using T&E and 3 core)

Radial circuit (using T&E and Pyro MICC)

Dimensions have to be followed by all accounts.

As I said earlier I know it's been posted a few times before, but if it helps, great.

If there is anything else I can add I will.

But above all, don't panic and don't worry. You will of done the circuits previously, so you can do it!!

I had my 206 Last week , interesting to see how things differ .

For the paper work side we had to do a complete circuit diagram from main isolator , a complete materials list , a Health and safety equipment list and a tool list, Then write out the 10 steps of safe isolation.

For the practical side we had a radial in PVC conduit with 4 2 gang 13 amp switched sockets on it, and a 2 way lighting circiut in steel conduit with 2 lamps . Plus we had a little bit of steel trunking to do, then a short length of SWA sub main.

I should get my result at college tonight , will update then .

Certainly looks like there are a number of variations on what the practical exercise for 206 looks like.

I'm working on the planning and preparation for this and like android says this is a complete materials/tools/parts list, risk assessment, safe isolation and a circuit diagram of what the actual "build" will be. It's really the format of the circuit diagram I'm a bit confused about as there seem to be a variety of approaches to this. If anyone has an example of what this needs to look like and just how much detail needs to be on it I'd really appreciate any and all advice.

Thanks

If I get time later I'll scan mine in, but it's just the a circuit diagram. Mine was showing the 2 way and intermediate from the junction box. Just showing all the connections as per that particular circuit. detailing sleeving on the switch wire. Leave it with me and I'll try and do it this aft.

That would be great if you can, I think I'll need to do the whole of the circuit on the model we've got but anything I can get sight of would be really good

Many Thanks

Tell me what your circuit is and I'll give you a hand with that if you like...

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 13:09 ---------- Previous post was made at 13:05 ----------

have you done them before? Every time we did a installation, I drew a circuit diagram, gets you in the habit of knowing how a circuit should work. Let me know what your full installation is and I'll give you a hand.

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 13:30 ---------- Previous post was made at 13:09 ----------

If you revisit https://picasaweb.google.com/ebow72/BayInADay?authkey=Gv1sRgCPix7syW7_-buAE# I've added the circuit diagram for the lighting circuit as per my Bay.

I have omitted the earth, but is represented by a green dot. If it doesn't make sense or you are not sure what I have done or why, let me know and I'll give you a hand.

I'm working on the planning and preparation for this and like android says this is a complete materials/tools/parts list, risk assessment, safe isolation and a circuit diagram of what the actual "build" will be. It's really the format of the circuit diagram I'm a bit confused about as there seem to be a variety of approaches to this. If anyone has an example of what this needs to look like and just how much detail needs to be on it I'd really appreciate any and all advice. Thanks
What does your build consist of Simon ?

Ok, from a main switch/isolator arrangement, swa to a consumer unit, from the unit there's a lighting circuit, in plastic conduit, to include three way switching, and a ring main surface mounted including a spur off it basically. Similar to the pics that elbow has posted. Done similar before but the prep for this is being built up a bit I think like it somehow needs to be way more than what we done before. But looking at the diagram from elbow thats what I was thinking the diagram should look like so thanks a lot for posting it here its good to get reassurance that I'm not going way off the mark. Thanks all by the way, really useful stuff

OK , remember if it is in conduit it only requires 2 strappers between the switchs , line from breaker to the common on the first switch 2 brown wires inbetween, common from second switch goes to the line on the ceiling rose. Another thing we was told to do on our drawing was, where cables cross on your drawing to "hop over" rather than just cross the lines even more important as you will have alot of brown lines.

Relax you have done it all before and I am sure it will come flooding back to you once you get started :).

Depends on how you approach it. You should of been given a manual / book to fill in as you do the prep work. The actual practical is pretty easy as you will have been leading up to this for many months now, so you won't be doing a circuit you're not sure off or be using materials you haven't used before. Providing you have filled out the book and worked out an idea of how you are going to tackle this, the nerves start to settle. Don't worry about circuit diagrams as you can draw them and use in the bay if you need to. I had the following to do. Sub main with lighting circuit and ring main. I would start with the sub main as it's all to dimensions, then get the boxes up (lights and sockets). then just run your cable...If you have a gander here, if you already haven't https://picasaweb.google.com/ebow72/...ix7syW7_-buAE# it gives you an idea.

If you need anymore tips please give us a shout anytime..Good Luck too.

hi welsh wizard i would like to know howto acces the 206 pratical paper as im having no joy

thanks that really helped me

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 17:47 ---------- Previous post was made at 17:47 ----------