Cable Knife and Cable Stripping

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As i said, nothing new there.Do I qualify for a European grant or lottery funding?
if you win i'll buy you a pack of stanley blades :^O

I have always found Prysmian T & E always strips easy when pulling gently on cpc, however on other brands or low smoke stuff (white sheath) then its best to lighty score down centre of sheath and use cutters to strip sheath otherwise good chance of damage to cpc.

BTW when I did 2330 course we were definately not allowed to pull cpc to split sheath and had to score around circumference of cable to where sheath was to be stripped, then centre score to end of cable but going deep for last few inches. Finallly sheath was removed by pulling apart with fingers. If we didint do this on our exam then there was 1 examiner who definately would not want to pass us.

BTW when I did 2330 course we were definately not allowed to pull cpc to split sheath and had to score around circumference of cable to where sheath was to be stripped, then centre score to end of cable but going deep for last few inches. Finallly sheath was removed by pulling apart with fingers. If we didint do this on our exam then there was 1 examiner who definately would not want to pass us.
we were told the same thing, although many of us scored round the sheath, the back to normal methods. result: clean cut on sheath, appears to be done without using the earth

if you do strip LSF,LSZH by pulling the cpc you can see how much it has stretched, usually a suprising amount!