Cables pulled tight in CU coding

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
standard crimps are for stranded conductors
Really? Used them on solid dozens of times, never had a problem.
I've just had a Google and cant find the technical info for that, got any links? I'm quite interested in this now tbh
I did find this silly little vid though - 80kgs + on 2.5mm solid -

Really? Used them on solid dozens of times, never had a problem.
I've just had a Google and cant find the technical info for that, got any links? I'm quite interested in this now tbh
I did find this silly little vid though - 80kgs + on 2.5mm solid -

not really sure where I heard that, but I use them on solid conductors all the time with no problems to date - famous last words...

It’s not a problem now with the new Wago single in line lever units

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-04-19 at 08.42.48.png
    Screenshot 2023-04-19 at 08.42.48.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
I don't understand why you consider 'tight' or taught wires are a problem. Whether they are tight in the terminals is what you should be concerned about. Presumeably they weren't piano wire tight (?) so are you just being over cautious and inventing problems that aren't really there. It is certainly not worth a code, just make an observation in the comments. Surely?

I don't understand why you consider 'tight' or taught wires are a problem. Whether they are tight in the terminals is what you should be concerned about. Presumeably they weren't piano wire tight (?) so are you just being over cautious and inventing problems that aren't really there. It is certainly not worth a code, just make an observation in the comments. Surely?
If the cables are pulled tight then they are almost certainly being stressed to some degree , ergo may suffer premature failure at some point.

Latest posts