Can i cement over our earth rod?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

L34gle

Reaction score
Im Putting down a concrete slab to put my bins on but in preparing the area I believe I found our eart rod.

Do I need to make this accessible in some way or can I just cement over the top of it?

Keep accessible would be my answer, you can get small earth pits, basically a box with a lid that sits on top of the rod, in you are laying a new concrete apron I would fit one of them with the lid flush with the top of your concrete, allows access and will be unobtrusive

Im Putting down a concrete slab to put my bins on but in preparing the area I believe I found our eart rod.

Do I need to make this accessible in some way or can I just cement over the top of it?

Alternatively is it possible to re-locate your earth rod to a position that would no be in the way of your bin storage?

As you say you believe it to be an earth rod, it may be worth while getting some to verify that it is still functional and electrically safe, rather than wasting time and money making a possible redundant rod accessible!

Is there a Green/Yellow wire connected, and a warning label saying safety electrical connection do not remove?

The cover UNG recommended can be flush-mounted in the concrete.
With some plastic conduit down through the concrete for the rod.
But how does the earth cable run ?

The cover UNG recommended can be flush-mounted in the concrete.
With some plastic conduit down through the concrete for the rod.
But how does the earth cable run ?
Why would you need plastic conduit through the concrete for the rod the earth rod pit is about 200 - 250mm deep very rare to be concreting to that depth to stand some bins on
It would be wise to put conduit or ducting in for the earth cable to the rod pit though

Latest posts