Car automatic lights

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A car that was very much ahead of its time.
Yep....get a puncture, put car in neutral, shove a jack under it, turn engine off, wheel lifts off ground!

fibre glass bonnet must have been 7' long....would never lift it if it was steel

2" foam under carpets...it was like walking on the moon

technology is already in existance. weight in motion sensors do exist and are used on motorways / dual carriageways etc. normally used for a different purpose (weight trucks to pull over), but it would be very easy to link them to a camera to determine speed limit for the vehicle passing
scary isn't it! I was driving through Bristol the other night, through a 'variable speed limit area', now I thought the speed cameras were only active if the signs were lit - nope, saw 3 cars get flashed, not me fortunately. I've never been sure if the cameras are active full time or not so behave myself through these places.

the cameras are active at all times. national limit if nothing displayed, or whatever is on the sign. always fun when you them displaying different speed limits...

Yep....get a puncture, put car in neutral, shove a jack under it, turn engine off, wheel lifts off ground!

fibre glass bonnet must have been 7' long....would never lift it if it was steel

2" foam under carpets...it was like walking on the moon
If I remember correctly, it wasn't even a jack, more like a squared off 'C' shaped lump of metal, one thing was certain, it was much better than the flimsy jacks you get with modern cars! My first Landrover came with a hydraulic bottle jack, my new one comes with one of those stupid flimsy things that attach to the sill, anything but dead flat, dead solid ground and it's useless.

Incidentally, they had an open day at the highways agency control centre just down the road from me recently, I went just to see what I could find out and it was very interesting. But to be honest they did go a bit 'secret squirrel', when they realised I knew what they were talking about, they have, as Andy said, all kinds of things out there to 'spy' on you as you drive along the motorway.