Cat Sneezing

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cadspark

Reaction score
My Cat has runny eyes and has started sneezing quite a lot. Is there anything I can give him or anything I can get from the vets to alleviate the symptons. If it is Cat flu how worried should I be?

It does sound a lot like cat flu. It's caused by a virus that the cat will have forever and the condition may come back. Sometimes mild cases require no treatment [there is no specific treatment as it's a virus anyway] but secondary bacterial infections are common.

If the cat is off colour or off it's food or has sticky eyes then you need to go along to the vets. Occasionally it can be serious. Often some antibiotics are what's needed, sometimes just some antibiotic eye ointment.

Things that can help:

1. warming the food [cats rely on smell to eat, so blocked nose = not eating]

2. take the cat in the bathroom when you have a shower [the steam helps clear secretions]

3. use warm water and cotton wool to clean the nose and eyes of discharge a few times a day.

Let me know how you get on.

He is eating ok but I will take up the idea of warming his food. He seems to be sleeping a lot more than normal.

Thanks for your help Patch.