Cenex report on EV chargers

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How do you work that out.

The CPC's should always be connected or am I missing something?

I presume he's suggesting that if the neutral/Earth link is broken essentially now there is no neutral but two phase conductors and therefore without the Earth reference there would need to be an additional fault for there to be a shock risk. 

Obviously the PV must not share an RCD though as the risk is unacceptable. 

Hmm. I talked to the spark who installed my solar, specifically about it being on an RCD as just the one MCB was then spare. He said,  "Oh yes, it has to be" 

He definitely believed that he was doing it right, supposedly having been on a course too.  I do understand the reasoning above that says it's unsafe.

Nothing there explains why it blew my fly-killer tubes though.

Undoubtedly plenty of installations are being done incorrectly.
I think the Cenex report certain seems to confirm that thinking even from the small sample audited.

Given that about 5% of all the installations carried out were audited if the results are taken as a representative sample then there could be quite a number of installs just under this grant scheme that are not correctly or dangerously installed

Hopefully those who have completed training on these are installing correctly as they cannot plead ignorance. 
With the number of none compliant installations found it does prompt the question of what level training some of the installers had even in basic electrical installation

I looked into some manufacturer's EV point training a while ago, Rolec have partnered with the NICEIC for training and push you to a one day NICEIC training course costing £185 + vat with a £20 discount if your a member of the NIC, so it looks like you get a generic course although the actual syllabus of the course isn't very clear in what components of the installation of EV points it covers

Been on a few sites over the last 6 - 9 months where EV points have been installed and everyone has been installed differently with most of them not complying with the regs on minor points if you call issues with the installation of the TT earth rod / earth lead minor

I think the Cenex report certain seems to confirm that thinking even from the small sample audited.

Given that about 5% of all the installations carried out were audited if the results are taken as a representative sample then there could be quite a number of installs just under this grant scheme that are not correctly or dangerously installed

With the number of none compliant installations found it does prompt the question of what level training some of the installers had even in basic electrical installation

I looked into some manufacturer's EV point training a while ago, Rolec have partnered with the NICEIC for training and push you to a one day NICEIC training course costing £185 + vat with a £20 discount if your a member of the NIC, so it looks like you get a generic course although the actual syllabus of the course isn't very clear in what components of the installation of EV points it covers

Been on a few sites over the last 6 - 9 months where EV points have been installed and everyone has been installed differently with most of them not complying with the regs on minor points if you call issues with the installation of the TT earth rod / earth lead minor
The NICEIC course is no longer connected with Rolec and hasn't been for a number of months. 

Latest posts