central networks

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparkss

DNO Jointer
Reaction score
so e.on have sold central networks over to PPL (ownwers of WPD)

hopefully it will get a few more things done,

it started in nov 2010 its part of e.on wanting to get rid of some debt and how CN is no longer a viable assit as it cant be expanded hopefully it will make things better anyway, will also make it the largest network in the UK !

Googled it...... PPL is an American power distibution company, Hmmmmm...... the yanks are quite organised , perhaps they'll start replacing some of the old network instead of just repairing it .

It does seem that way and i think that will be the way they will go, they want to invest in the network so...

WPD do a goood job down south (our linesmen use there training school) and do specilise in overhead power CN specilise in underground together should be a good combo. I see a few problems between companys now though, as Eon are retaining metering services and energy services, its always been any problems just ring up the yard and CN will pop out, its not going to be that easy now !

I have been told that wpd do not like outside contractors. They have already stopped The Freedom Group doing o/h design work and will look to stop external wayleave work with Freedom.

They are establishing more local offices, working within a short radius of these, doing all new connections and o/h line rebuilds up to 11kv. To include wayleave officers, Project Managers, Linesmen, tree cutters all out of the local depot. (Northampton/MK/Kettering/Leicester Nth/Hinckley etc)

Most people believe that relatively small wpd from Somerset/Cornwall have taken on too much and did not realise the size of the task they have taken on (Birmingham alone is the size of all their kit in the South West).

They are cutting, cutting, cutting people and work accross the board - a bit like the Chinies have done (UKPN) have done in the South East with EDF.

They are going to do the absolute minimum accross all the network/assets and try to stop customer complaints at all costs.

Story is that if someone looks like complaining they just throw money at them!!

Wpd had a job where 10 terraced houses needed new u/g service cables to replace existing o/h services.

wpd paid each household

I don't think privatising them was the best idea , lost track of them here , we went from the old MEB then GPU Power ltd, then Aquilla , now its E-ON or Energy Services or Central Networks or is it Metering Services ??? Ah its the Co-op this month!!!!

I don't think privatising them was the best idea , lost track of them here , we went from the old MEB then GPU Power ltd, then Aquilla , now its E-ON or Energy Services or Central Networks or is it Metering Services ??? Ah its the Co-op this month!!!!
suprised tesco are not interested they want there fingers in most things.